Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Simplified application or regular application process??

Simplified application or regular application process??

Old Aug 22nd 2007, 5:14 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Simplified application or regular application process??

Originally Posted by desire68
So i don't need an AEO. My HR dept are more than willing to provide me with another letter to prove that they have hired me as a permenant full time employee!
And yes i will have a couple of paycheck stubs to submit with my aplication for PR.

Rergards,Mike
Wrong Mike.

You can't have a letter stating that they have hired you permanently - you are on work permit, thus position is only temporary.

Employer should confirm in the letter that you work with them since when on work permit and that they want (or have intention, or whatever) to convert your current temporary employment into a full time, permanent position on indeterminate basis after you become a PR.

Only when you have all 3 elements present - valid work permit, proof of working for employer listed in work permit and letter from such employer stating at least all of the above - you can claim arranged employment.

They may write letter any way they want but it must state the following:

1. that you currently work with them on temporary position with work permit,

2. since when you work

3. and that they are willing (are prepared, have intention, want...) to convert your current temporary employment into a full time, permanent position on indeterminate basis after you become a PR.

Of course few payslips will be needed to support the claim of working with them.
Old Aug 23rd 2007, 3:20 am
Finally I'm LANDED

desire68 is a splendid one to beholddesire68 is a splendid one to beholddesire68 is a splendid one to beholddesire68 is a splendid one to beholddesire68 is a splendid one to beholddesire68 is a splendid one to beholddesire68 is a splendid one to beholddesire68 is a splendid one to beholddesire68 is a splendid one to beholddesire68 is a splendid one to beholddesire68 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Simplified application or regular application process??

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
Wrong Mike.

You can't have a letter stating that they have hired you permanently - you are on work permit, thus position is only temporary.

Employer should confirm in the letter that you work with them since when on work permit and that they want (or have intention, or whatever) to convert your current temporary employment into a full time, permanent position on indeterminate basis after you become a PR.

Only when you have all 3 elements present - valid work permit, proof of working for employer listed in work permit and letter from such employer stating at least all of the above - you can claim arranged employment.

They may write letter any way they want but it must state the following:

1. that you currently work with them on temporary position with work permit,

2. since when you work

3. and that they are willing (are prepared, have intention, want...) to convert your current temporary employment into a full time, permanent position on indeterminate basis after you become a PR.

Of course few payslips will be needed to support the claim of working with them.
Thanks for that Andrew,
I kind of thought that my position would be viewed by CIC as temporary but that is fine as Xerox drew up a permanent contract for me to sign before i started with them. I talked with my manager and he is more than willing to write a letter for me containing all of the above information so thanks again for outlining the points.

Mike