Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Simplified Application Process.....opinions please!

Simplified Application Process.....opinions please!

Old Oct 28th 2008, 12:45 pm
Just Joined

Vanessa_Darren is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Simplified Application Process.....opinions please!

I was just wondering what you fellow members think of my theory on the Simplified Application Process with regards to the following........

The Simplified Application Process came into effect on the 1st September 2006. We applied under that process in July 2007. I see from the Trackitt website that the London office, whom we applied with, are currently on August/September 2006 applications.

My thinking is, once they have got the old style applications done and dusted, MAYBE the ball COULD start rolling a little quicker??? i.e. surely the idea of the Simplified Application Process is to "simplify" things (we literally filled out one form and sent in one payment - we haven't had to send everything in at once) therefore we COULD possibly have more contact from them than the old applications did??? Does that make sense? So i'm sitting here looking at the Trackitt website willing things to hurry....maybe we could see some changes in how they carry out the application?

Am i babbling a little?!

Vanessa_Darren
Old Oct 28th 2008, 1:43 pm
Forum Regular

Tempest is just really niceTempest is just really niceTempest is just really niceTempest is just really niceTempest is just really niceTempest is just really niceTempest is just really niceTempest is just really niceTempest is just really niceTempest is just really nice
Default Re: Simplified Application Process.....opinions please!

I think maybe you are right in some ways in that you can already see they are processing forms quicker (although you have to bear in mind I think they recruited a lot more people to work on them - if I remember correctly...) however even though the initial stages are going to be quicker the information you are giving to them in response to the 90 day letter is essentially the same information as the old full applications before (they're just not getting it up front) so may take just as long to process...

Think maybe it'll be a case of watch this space for the next couple of months as the first applications get processed whilst they and us find our feet with the whole thing!
Old Oct 28th 2008, 1:47 pm

ireland2canada is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey there, why not join the rest of us babbling folk over in the SAP thread here....http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=569314.

There has been an influx of update letters sent out very recently, so they have indeed started to process the simplified applications. It is anyone's guess as to how the process will pan out from here, I would refrain from getting too confident of a speedy process though. The simplified form & payment was only really to 'book' your place inthe queue, we all still have to go through the same background checks and general processing as the old system.

At least we know they are doing something though!
Old Oct 28th 2008, 3:19 pm
Just Joined

Sophie Dutch is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey there,

My application is processed by the embassy in Berlin (Dutch nationality, living in the Netherlands; sorry, your message board has so much information on it). I was very surprised to find the request for medicals in the mail only three weeks after I had send them the requested documents for SAP. Maybe London will be slower, but I was very very very surprised to get the medical request that quickley... Hope this will happen to you also.
Old Oct 28th 2008, 3:30 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Tempest
I think maybe you are right in some ways in that you can already see they are processing forms quicker (although you have to bear in mind I think they recruited a lot more people to work on them - if I remember correctly...) however even though the initial stages are going to be quicker the information you are giving to them in response to the 90 day letter is essentially the same information as the old full applications before (they're just not getting it up front) so may take just as long to process...

Think maybe it'll be a case of watch this space for the next couple of months as the first applications get processed whilst they and us find our feet with the whole thing!

Thanks replying and making me feel more confident ;-) ........this 90 day letter you say about....isn't that what the old style application got because they sent everything in with their initial application? So the 90 day letters then gives people chance to let immigration know of any changes or updates to medicals etc etc (i might be wrong there as i don't know much about that). I would have thought we wouldn't get one of those because i don't think they will ask for our documents until they are ready to see them.....am i making sense?

I will definitely be keeping my beady little eye on it though....be interesting to see!

Vanessa. x
Old Oct 28th 2008, 3:33 pm
Edo
BE Forum Addict

Edo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond repute

I think it all depends on what changes they bring to fast-track applications. As you must have heard theres a talk of applications submitted after Feb 08 (when the Bill C-50 was passed) started to be dealt with under new laws; that surely will have an impact on speed of processing the applications submitted before that.
Old Oct 28th 2008, 3:40 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by adnan_hsn
I think it all depends on what changes they bring to fast-track applications. As you must have heard theres a talk of applications submitted after Feb 08 (when the Bill C-50 was passed) started to be dealt with under new laws; that surely will have an impact on speed of processing the applications submitted before that.
Yes i thought that when i read that. How can they speed those after that date through and leave us out?! Unless they are speeding things up under the SAP processs.....we'll see eh!
Old Oct 28th 2008, 4:33 pm
Forum Regular

Tempest is just really niceTempest is just really niceTempest is just really niceTempest is just really niceTempest is just really niceTempest is just really niceTempest is just really niceTempest is just really niceTempest is just really niceTempest is just really nice

Originally Posted by Vanessa_Darren
Thanks replying and making me feel more confident ;-) ........this 90 day letter you say about....isn't that what the old style application got because they sent everything in with their initial application? So the 90 day letters then gives people chance to let immigration know of any changes or updates to medicals etc etc (i might be wrong there as i don't know much about that). I would have thought we wouldn't get one of those because i don't think they will ask for our documents until they are ready to see them.....am i making sense?

I will definitely be keeping my beady little eye on it though....be interesting to see!

Vanessa. x
Sorry I didn't mean it to sound negative! I'm trying to rationalise my own fears of it starting to speed up so much at the moment!

If you have a nosey on the Immigration forum about the Simplified Aps those that have received their letter notifying them that their application letter is being looked at are still only getting 90 days... I'm sure when the introduced the process back in 2006 they mentioned 4 months (120 days)... maybe they changed their minds?!

Gill
Old Oct 28th 2008, 4:39 pm
Just Joined

Sorry I didn't mean it to sound negative! I'm trying to rationalise my own fears of it starting to speed up so much at the moment!

If you have a nosey on the Immigration forum about the Simplified Aps those that have received their letter notifying them that their application letter is being looked at are still only getting 90 days... I'm sure when the introduced the process back in 2006 they mentioned 4 months (120 days)... maybe they changed their minds?!

Gill
It wasn't negative at all!!! Honest! I must have sounded sarky! I meant what i said!! This 90 day letter confuses me!! I do really think it might speed up though! Just going to keep my eye on trackitt.......everyday!! We're all in the same boat.....shame immigration can't row a bit harder!!
Old Oct 28th 2008, 10:09 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Vanessa_Darren
It wasn't negative at all!!! Honest! I must have sounded sarky! I meant what i said!! This 90 day letter confuses me!! I do really think it might speed up though! Just going to keep my eye on trackitt.......everyday!! We're all in the same boat.....shame immigration can't row a bit harder!!
totally in the same boat! i have literally been obsessed with this site since I saw the first Sept 06 applicant getting their 90 day letter... i think we're all secret stalkers at heart!

Where are you guys heading too once we have our golden ticket? We're Vancouverish area bound... although suppose like all of us will be lead by work rather than the dream in this economic climate!
Old Oct 29th 2008, 8:01 am
Just Joined

totally in the same boat! i have literally been obsessed with this site since I saw the first Sept 06 applicant getting their 90 day letter... i think we're all secret stalkers at heart!

Where are you guys heading too once we have our golden ticket? We're Vancouverish area bound... although suppose like all of us will be lead by work rather than the dream in this economic climate!
Hey, you're only over the bridge from us so we can be secret stalkers within close proximity! Ha ha. My car won't start this morning so already i am on here stalking!

We visited Canada in May and went to Vancouver, Edmonton, and Prince George. I LOVED Edmonton - heard it can get very windy there!! When we finally get there, we're actually going to travel round for about a year so we can get a taster of everywhere i.e. Toronto, Montreal. After that year we'll then decide where to settle. We wasn't all that impressed with Vancouver, couldn't put our finger on it but i think e expected more??!

Anyway, i need to ring my garage and be a damsel in distress and get my car fixed!

Vanessa. x