Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Simplified Application Form - ? on current occupation

Simplified Application Form - ? on current occupation

Old Jan 10th 2008, 12:57 pm
Forum Regular

Location: unfortunately Edinburgh, but dreaming of a better life.
woz718 has a brilliant futurewoz718 has a brilliant futurewoz718 has a brilliant futurewoz718 has a brilliant futurewoz718 has a brilliant futurewoz718 has a brilliant futurewoz718 has a brilliant future
Default Simplified Application Form - ? on current occupation

I am in the process of completing the above for PR as a Skilled worker and have a question regarding the form. It asks for your current occupation. How my current occupation is not the occupation I intend to emigrate with. I've only been there for 1 year. As my oh is in the army in germany, I have to get work where I can and this is the first job which is not in my career field (Human Resources). However, my previous jobs can classed as HR in various guises. Should this matter?

any feedback greatly appreciated.

regards

Sassy
Old Jan 10th 2008, 4:44 pm
Calgary Sept 2008

Silverbug is just really niceSilverbug is just really niceSilverbug is just really niceSilverbug is just really niceSilverbug is just really niceSilverbug is just really niceSilverbug is just really niceSilverbug is just really niceSilverbug is just really niceSilverbug is just really niceSilverbug is just really nice
Default Re: Simplified Application Form - ? on current occupation

I'm guessing and if I'm wrong someone will put me right I'm sure, that when it says "current" occupation, it would mean your current occupation at the time of applying.

Last edited by Silverbug; Jan 10th 2008 at 4:46 pm. Reason: typos
Old Jan 11th 2008, 3:46 pm
Forum Regular

Location: unfortunately Edinburgh, but dreaming of a better life.
woz718 has a brilliant futurewoz718 has a brilliant futurewoz718 has a brilliant futurewoz718 has a brilliant futurewoz718 has a brilliant futurewoz718 has a brilliant futurewoz718 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Silverbug
I'm guessing and if I'm wrong someone will put me right I'm sure, that when it says "current" occupation, it would mean your current occupation at the time of applying.
Can you confirm whether the relevant experience required for the occupation you put on your form is counted from the date the simplified form is submitted or when the actual immigration process starts to take place?
Old Jan 11th 2008, 6:27 pm

Canada Jane has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by woz718
Can you confirm whether the relevant experience required for the occupation you put on your form is counted from the date the simplified form is submitted or when the actual immigration process starts to take place?
Everything you complete on your application should be correct at the time of application. You cannot for instance predict that you will have completed courses, work experience etc by the time they process your application. You have to qualify for all factors of immigration at the time you apply.

After all unless you are clairvoyant you cannot possibly know what job etc you might have in several years time when you application is finally processed.
Old Feb 9th 2008, 3:53 pm
Karma is my friend

albertaorbust is a jewel in the roughalbertaorbust is a jewel in the roughalbertaorbust is a jewel in the roughalbertaorbust is a jewel in the rough

we sent ours off on Jan 12th, not heard anthing yet, have you?