Simplified application form

Old Jul 20th 2006, 9:45 am
Forum Regular

immiq is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Simplified application form

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
You do not submit language test result with simplified application form. You submit it years later when asked for rest of forms and supporting documents.

And at such time language test result cannot be older than 1 year.
So, you could not solve the problem when the test should be taken because you do not know when the supporting documents will be requested. It is due to the different interpretation on “You must meet all criteria at the time you submit your application”, isn’t it?
Old Jul 20th 2006, 1:38 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

No, you are confused again. You will know when documents are required - CIC clearly states that you will be asked for documents about 4 months before your case comes for assessment. Plenty of time to take language test.

Originally Posted by immiq
So, you could not solve the problem when the test should be taken because you do not know when the supporting documents will be requested. It is due to the different interpretation on “You must meet all criteria at the time you submit your application”, isn’t it?
Old Jul 20th 2006, 2:40 pm
Forum Regular

No, you are confused again. You will know when documents are required - CIC clearly states that you will be asked for documents about 4 months before your case comes for assessment. Plenty of time to take language test.
I have already known the CIC states the supporting documents will be requested about 4 months before one’s case comes for assessment. But you do not know when the case will come for assessment. So, 4 months before assessment will not help you at all. It seems you have been confused by the CIC.
Old Jul 20th 2006, 5:29 pm

4 months is not enough for preparation of documents and scheduling/taking language test? You must be kidding...

Visa posts requesting language test results now from applicants who submitted only substitute evidence are giving only 60 to max of 120 days for compliance with request.

Originally Posted by immiq
I have already known the CIC states the supporting documents will be requested about 4 months before one’s case comes for assessment. But you do not know when the case will come for assessment. So, 4 months before assessment will not help you at all. It seems you have been confused by the CIC.
Old Jul 20th 2006, 7:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ibraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to all

how do they know that I meet the criteria at the time of submission if I only submit the form, what if I claim more things than I really have relying on the fact that I will achieve them years later when asked to submit documents?
Old Jul 21st 2006, 3:55 am
Forum Regular

4 months is not enough for preparation of documents and scheduling/taking language test? You must be kidding...

Visa posts requesting language test results now from applicants who submitted only substitute evidence are giving only 60 to max of 120 days for compliance with request.
I have no more to tell you because you are not the applicant but think it should and must be.
Old Jul 21st 2006, 4:07 am

It will be a fraudulent application in this case.

Originally Posted by Ibraheem
how do they know that I meet the criteria at the time of submission if I only submit the form, what if I claim more things than I really have relying on the fact that I will achieve them years later when asked to submit documents?
Old Jul 23rd 2006, 4:21 am
BE Enthusiast

peace19 has a spectacular aura aboutpeace19 has a spectacular aura aboutpeace19 has a spectacular aura about

It will be a fraudulent application in this case.
So, does it mean that applicant *should take language test *before submitting the simplified form?
Because, in simplified form there is a section for the language proficiency in which applicant has to mark Speak, Read, Write and Listen skills. And in my understanding, skills marking in simplified form cannot be done untill the applicant has attempted language test and recieved the test transcript as well.
Old Jul 23rd 2006, 5:34 am

No, with simplified form submission there is no need for taking language test before rest of forms and docs are requested. Applicant knows what her/his level of language proficiency is anyway.

Originally Posted by peace19
So, does it mean that applicant *should take language test *before submitting the simplified form?
Because, in simplified form there is a section for the language proficiency in which applicant has to mark Speak, Read, Write and Listen skills. And in my understanding, skills marking in simplified form cannot be done untill the applicant has attempted language test and recieved the test transcript as well.
Old Jul 23rd 2006, 5:47 am
BE Enthusiast

peace19 has a spectacular aura aboutpeace19 has a spectacular aura aboutpeace19 has a spectacular aura about

No, with simplified form submission there is no need for taking language test before rest of forms and docs are requested. Applicant knows what her/his level of language proficiency is anyway.
So what if applicant mark all the skills "High" (in one language, say English) and after submitting the application, applicant attempted IELTS and got "Moderate" in all the skills? Then what will be the CIC's reply to applicant's information provided for the language-test skills at time of application submission? Will they consider it as *fraudulent?

Last edited by peace19; Jul 23rd 2006 at 5:52 am.
Old Jul 23rd 2006, 3:24 pm

It won't be a good idea to claim high proficiency in English if you are not absolutely sure that few years after submission of simplified form you still can't pass IELTS on fluent level. And if officer wants to be strict s/he may say that you misrepresented your skills in the application.

So what if applicant mark all the skills "High" (in one language, say English) and after submitting the application, applicant attempted IELTS and got "Moderate" in all the skills? Then what will be the CIC's reply to applicant's information provided for the language-test skills at time of application submission? Will they consider it as *fraudulent?
Old Jul 24th 2006, 7:21 am
BE Enthusiast

It won't be a good idea to claim high proficiency in English if you are not absolutely sure that few years after submission of simplified form you still can't pass IELTS on fluent level. And if officer wants to be strict s/he may say that you misrepresented your skills in the application.
So, what do you recommend out of these two:

Either applicant should mark his/her expected proficiency in IELTS? Where expected proficiency is the one which applicant reckon truely for him/her self.

OR

Applicant should take IELTS first, then get the IELTS transcript and then fillup the language skills section in simplified form as per the transcript marking?
Old Jul 24th 2006, 7:39 am

I would suggest taking IELTS - this way you will know where your weak areas are (if any) and will have plenty of time to improve your skills.

So, what do you recommend out of these two:

Either applicant should mark his/her expected proficiency in IELTS? Where expected proficiency is the one which applicant reckon truely for him/her self.

OR

Applicant should take IELTS first, then get the IELTS transcript and then fillup the language skills section in simplified form as per the transcript marking?
Old Jul 24th 2006, 7:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

I would suggest taking IELTS - this way you will know where your weak areas are (if any) and will have plenty of time to improve your skills.
Thank you Andrew for your suggestion.