Simplified application form

Old Jul 18th 2006, 10:49 am
  #1  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 86
immiq is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Simplified application form

The simplified application form states “You must meet all criteria at the time you submit your application.” What do all criteria mean here, satisfying the required funds and one year experience or more?

In addition, does it matter the test score has expired at the time of CIC requesting the supporting documents?
immiq is offline  
Old Jul 18th 2006, 12:22 pm
  #2  
 
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 8,984
Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Simplified application form

This is where the trap waits for you - you must meet **all criteria** at the time your simplified form is received. Years later, when asked for rest of forms and all supporting documents you must conclusively prove that you met **all criteria** at the time of application, plus that you are meeting **all criteria** at the time of assessment. It includes funds, meeting definition of skilled worker, pass mark, etc. - **all** must be met at time simple form is received and at the time of assessment.

But in general many things may (and likely will) by the time your turn for assessment comes and I don't think that even CIC knows yet what they will do and ask for at that time.

For now CIC is simply giving up on applicants without arranged employment, PNP certificate and those who cannot apply through Buffalo - as most likely those with arranged employment, PNP certificate and applying from US will take all available visas anyway.

BTW - what part of all you don't understand?



Originally Posted by immiq
The simplified application form states “You must meet all criteria at the time you submit your application.” What do all criteria mean here, satisfying the required funds and one year experience or more?

In addition, does it matter the test score has expired at the time of CIC requesting the supporting documents?

Last edited by Andrew Miller; Jul 18th 2006 at 12:45 pm.
Andrew Miller is offline  
Old Jul 18th 2006, 12:49 pm
  #3  
BE Forum Addict
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 1,010
kt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Simplified application form

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
For now CIC is simply giving up on applicants without arranged employment, PNP certificate and those who cannot apply through Buffalo
So although CIC won't say it, the system has collapsed and they'll get back to us when they've worked out what to do?

K.
kt0157 is offline  
Old Jul 18th 2006, 1:12 pm
  #4  
 
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 8,984
Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Simplified application form

Obviously.

And this way CIC is buying time to rework the program without closing it for several years.


Originally Posted by kt0157
So although CIC won't say it, the system has collapsed and they'll get back to us when they've worked out what to do?

K.
Andrew Miller is offline  
Old Jul 19th 2006, 5:55 am
  #5  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 86
immiq is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Simplified application form

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
This is where the trap waits for you - you must meet **all criteria** at the time your simplified form is received. Years later, when asked for rest of forms and all supporting documents you must conclusively prove that you met **all criteria** at the time of application, plus that you are meeting **all criteria** at the time of assessment. It includes funds, meeting definition of skilled worker, pass mark, etc. - **all** must be met at time simple form is received and at the time of assessment.

But in general many things may (and likely will) by the time your turn for assessment comes and I don't think that even CIC knows yet what they will do and ask for at that time.

For now CIC is simply giving up on applicants without arranged employment, PNP certificate and those who cannot apply through Buffalo - as most likely those with arranged employment, PNP certificate and applying from US will take all available visas anyway.

BTW - what part of all you don't understand?
I, like you, do not understand all very well right now. But, it will benefit the CIC (but rather the applicant) to process the application more flexibly.
immiq is offline  
Old Jul 19th 2006, 6:17 am
  #6  
 
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 8,984
Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Simplified application form

I clearly understand what **all** means and don't really know where you got your idea from that I don't.

**All criteria** means definition of skilled worker (this includes 12 months of minimum work experience and required settlement funds) and all selection criteria as stated in Part 6 Division 1 of IRPA Regulations (all from R73 through R83 inclusive):

http://www.canlii.org/ca/regu/sor2002-227/


"To process the application more flexibly"??? What exactly you mean by that???

CIC doesn't really care about what applicants think. Canadian immigration program serves Canada and needs of Canadian economy - it doesn't serve potential immigrants. Applicants already in Canada and those with arranged employment are needed by Canadian economy on the high priority basis - and their number exceeds annual visas quotas anyway, so they must wait for completion of their applications anyway from 12 to 30+ months (depending from visa post) anyway. Other applicants will be served as needed by Canadian economy and when annual quotas allow for it.


If the current backlog of pending applications exceeds 10 years worth of visas allocation then what kind of "flexibility" you want CIC to use and for what reason?

With current number of foreign workers and students (with proper work and study permits) in Canada applying for PR visas and steady flow of applications from H1 visas holders in US being received by Buffalo there is no problem meeting Canada's annual immigration targets in economic classes. No need for use of any "flexibility", whatever you meant by this word.


Originally Posted by immiq
I, like you, do not understand all very well right now. But, it will benefit the CIC (but rather the applicant) to process the application more flexibly.

Last edited by Andrew Miller; Jul 19th 2006 at 6:29 am.
Andrew Miller is offline  
Old Jul 19th 2006, 3:31 pm
  #7  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 262
Ashok is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Simplified application form

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
I clearly understand what **all** means and don't really know where you got your idea from that I don't.

With current number of foreign workers and students (with proper work and study permits) in Canada applying for PR visas and steady flow of applications from H1 visas holders in US being received by Buffalo there is no problem meeting Canada's annual immigration targets in economic classes. No need for use of any "flexibility", whatever you meant by this word.
Andrew
It looks foreign workers from Number 1 & 2 Contributor countries ( i.e US & Mexico) are either seasonal or not interested in gaining Canadian PR / Citizen ship. Otherwise Maxico & US processing times would have crossed 5 years, long back. Rather Mexico processing time is one of the shortest.

Also with rise in Canadian $, many students are finding it more attractive to be in US. I believe we will see a fall in Canadian Student Visa seekers, in 2006 onwards. Unless Canada takes some other steps. So far opposite has happenned, they have raised the college fee.
Ashok is offline  
Old Jul 19th 2006, 3:41 pm
  #8  
BE Forum Addict
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 1,010
kt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Simplified application form

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
If the current backlog of pending applications exceeds 10 years worth of visas allocation then what kind of "flexibility" you want CIC to use and for what reason?
If the CIC has tacitly accepted that the system has collapsed, with a "take a ticket" interim system (like that office scene at the end of the movie "Beetlejuice") what do you think this will mean for existing applications? Do you think it is likely that everyone will be thrown out and invited to re-apply in a new scheme? Or do you think the pass mark will rise? Or do you think something else is in store?

K.
kt0157 is offline  
Old Jul 19th 2006, 5:00 pm
  #9  
 
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 8,984
Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Simplified application form

Existing applications will continue to be processed and nobody will be thrown out.

Of course once pass mark goes up many will be refused.

What else is in the store? We'll have to wait and see.



Originally Posted by kt0157
If the CIC has tacitly accepted that the system has collapsed, with a "take a ticket" interim system (like that office scene at the end of the movie "Beetlejuice") what do you think this will mean for existing applications? Do you think it is likely that everyone will be thrown out and invited to re-apply in a new scheme? Or do you think the pass mark will rise? Or do you think something else is in store?

K.
Andrew Miller is offline  
Old Jul 19th 2006, 6:57 pm
  #10  
BE Forum Addict
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 1,010
kt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Simplified application form

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
Of course once pass mark goes up many will be refused.
What do you reckon it might go up to? Back to 75? Higher? (I know, it's speculation, but what else is there to do to pass the time, eh?).

K.
kt0157 is offline  
Old Jul 20th 2006, 2:42 am
  #11  
 
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 8,984
Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Simplified application form

Original pass mark was 75 points and it wasn't bad at all as number of qualifying applicants was still higher than annual immigration target.

But I don't think that it will go back to 75 and highly unlikely beyond 75 points - the level we should expect will be somewhere in range of 70-72 points.


Originally Posted by kt0157
What do you reckon it might go up to? Back to 75? Higher? (I know, it's speculation, but what else is there to do to pass the time, eh?).

K.
Andrew Miller is offline  
Old Jul 20th 2006, 4:16 am
  #12  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 86
immiq is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Simplified application form

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
I clearly understand what **all** means and don't really know where you got your idea from that I don't.

**All criteria** means definition of skilled worker (this includes 12 months of minimum work experience and required settlement funds) and all selection criteria as stated in Part 6 Division 1 of IRPA Regulations (all from R73 through R83 inclusive):

http://www.canlii.org/ca/regu/sor2002-227/


"To process the application more flexibly"??? What exactly you mean by that???

CIC doesn't really care about what applicants think. Canadian immigration program serves Canada and needs of Canadian economy - it doesn't serve potential immigrants. Applicants already in Canada and those with arranged employment are needed by Canadian economy on the high priority basis - and their number exceeds annual visas quotas anyway, so they must wait for completion of their applications anyway from 12 to 30+ months (depending from visa post) anyway. Other applicants will be served as needed by Canadian economy and when annual quotas allow for it.


If the current backlog of pending applications exceeds 10 years worth of visas allocation then what kind of "flexibility" you want CIC to use and for what reason?

With current number of foreign workers and students (with proper work and study permits) in Canada applying for PR visas and steady flow of applications from H1 visas holders in US being received by Buffalo there is no problem meeting Canada's annual immigration targets in economic classes. No need for use of any "flexibility", whatever you meant by this word.
Flexible means the CIC now can put the case on the shelf as long as they like. One of the criteria, for example, the validity of test score for two years may earn the highest points at the time of application but may expire at the time of supporting documents requested. What’s your opinion to solve the issue?
immiq is offline  
Old Jul 20th 2006, 6:51 am
  #13  
 
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 8,984
Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Simplified application form

Language test result must not be older than 1 year at the time of submission.


Originally Posted by immiq
Flexible means the CIC now can put the case on the shelf as long as they like. One of the criteria, for example, the validity of test score for two years may earn the highest points at the time of application but may expire at the time of supporting documents requested. What’s your opinion to solve the issue?
Andrew Miller is offline  
Old Jul 20th 2006, 7:48 am
  #14  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 86
immiq is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Simplified application form

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
Language test result must not be older than 1 year at the time of submission.
When is “at the time of submission”, at the time of submission of the simplified application forms OR supporting documents?
immiq is offline  
Old Jul 20th 2006, 9:08 am
  #15  
 
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 8,984
Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Simplified application form

You do not submit language test result with simplified application form. You submit it years later when asked for rest of forms and supporting documents.

And at such time language test result cannot be older than 1 year.


Originally Posted by immiq
When is “at the time of submission”, at the time of submission of the simplified application forms OR supporting documents?
Andrew Miller is offline  

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.