simplified applicant FSW question

Old Jan 6th 2009, 12:12 am
Just Joined

nicci1973 will become famous soon enough
Default simplified applicant FSW question

Hi,

Does anyone know the answer to this please......

For work experience proof, it doesn't say if the principle applicant just needs to submit their details or if both of us need to. This is on the simplified application for FSW.

Any help would be appreciated.

Nicci
Old Jan 6th 2009, 12:35 am
BE Enthusiast

JET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to all
Default Re: simplified applicant FSW question

If this is Cat 1 no need to send anything at present just forms cheque and address labels (plus principal appliucant passport bio page photocopy)

I guess when the time comes and you need to submit all the evidence I would say that although the principal applicant is important -- you would have to send both in.

JET
Old Jan 6th 2009, 1:13 am
Just Joined

Thank you for your reply,

Sorry I didn't explain things properly.
We have had instructions to forward all the relevant documents that they ask for and for education it does ask for both of our details (ie applicant and spouse) but it doesn't say for applicant and spouse for work experience? I was trying to get my information together just in case but previous employer is very slow off the mark and not playing ball at the moment (large company!).

Thanks for your help
Nicci
Old Jan 6th 2009, 9:31 am
BE Enthusiast

JET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to all

OK.
If it helps I did have a look at the checklist that is on the London site. This would be the one which I would work off if I get the ok from Sydney.

Work Experience wise I have started. I have contacted my last 2 companies and also had a word with my boss. He is ok, the last company is getting a letter for pick up by Thursday and BP will respond within a week.

However, apart from my wife's CV I wasn;t going to send anything in, but now you have raised it I may get the last employer which was my sister to do something and state in a letter that if they wanted more i could do that.

As a principal applicant I would think, although maybe wrong, that my details are what they really want ?

Your last employer--did you leave under good terms or a cloud ?

Hope this helps, let me know how you get on.

Cheers

JET
Old Jan 7th 2009, 6:55 am
Just Joined

Hi Jet,

Thank you, I am going to do as you say, as it is what I thought myself.
My partner is the principle applicant so I think they will really be interested in him at this point.

I do have most of my details and this does include a p60 from my previous employer, I did leave on very good terms but the HR department have never been good at getting information when you need it and this was when I worked for them. Pretty much like trying to get blood from a stone!! I think if they do need more of my evidence then they will ask (Hopefully!)

Anyway should have all the info in the post tomorrow...... then we'll wait for hopefully receive good news!

Thanks again for your advice it is very much appreciated
</IMG>
Old Jan 7th 2009, 7:13 am
BE Enthusiast

debbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of light

If you have been asked for full application and are claiming points for spousal employment, surely you need to send everything?

(I have no idea - not an expert, but expecting to get our letter shortly... and was fully intending to submit my employment documentation (spouse) alongside his as principal app)

I assume you are pre-Feb 08 SA and not post Feb going off 'List'? Post feb I guess it will just be principal app...

Am I burbling now? This stream of consciousness malarkey isn't all it's cracked up to be...
Old Jan 7th 2009, 10:00 am
Forum Regular

LynseySmith is a jewel in the roughLynseySmith is a jewel in the roughLynseySmith is a jewel in the roughLynseySmith is a jewel in the roughLynseySmith is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by debbiem
If you have been asked for full application and are claiming points for spousal employment, surely you need to send everything?

(I have no idea - not an expert, but expecting to get our letter shortly... and was fully intending to submit my employment documentation (spouse) alongside his as principal app)

I assume you are pre-Feb 08 SA and not post Feb going off 'List'? Post feb I guess it will just be principal app...

Am I burbling now? This stream of consciousness malarkey isn't all it's cracked up to be...
Hi - just getting our SW app paperwork togehter to submit next week. Just sending work history paperwork for hubby, who is principal applicant - points are only claimed for the principal applicant's work experience. I may send my current job description and offer letter, just for extra info.
Point are claimed for spouse/partner education - so just need to send any education certs.
Under "Work experience Documents" the letter states ...by youremployer's personnel dept...etc...referring to the main applicant
whereas under "Educational Qualifications" it explicit states for you and your spouse
cheers
Lynsey
Old Jan 7th 2009, 6:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

debbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks Lynsey - you are a star. Why am I stressing over P60s?! No idea then!
Dx
Old Jan 8th 2009, 12:59 am
Forum Regular

Location: Previously Sydney, Australia... now Oakville, Canada...love it!
Ginger3710 is a name known to allGinger3710 is a name known to allGinger3710 is a name known to allGinger3710 is a name known to allGinger3710 is a name known to allGinger3710 is a name known to allGinger3710 is a name known to allGinger3710 is a name known to allGinger3710 is a name known to allGinger3710 is a name known to allGinger3710 is a name known to all

Hi, we also applied via FSW in Sep 06 and received our document request letter in August 08. Our letter states:

"All employment experience documents for 10 years since the date of application for the principal applicant only....." (it's underlined and bold typeface in the letter).

then goes on to ask for what they require. Education documents are required from principal applicant and spouse/common-law-partner.

We applied Sydney office. Hope this helps.
Old Jan 8th 2009, 8:13 am
Just Joined

Thanks Lyndsey and Ginger,

This has been a great help.

Just to let you all know we applied back in November 06 and had our 90 day letter end Nov 08, which was a year earlier than we thought. Lets see how long the next wait will be!!

Good luck everyone, I will keep you updated with our progress

Nicci