Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Silly Question brought on by PR hysteria

Silly Question brought on by PR hysteria

Old Aug 30th 2012, 10:49 am
Just Joined

vancouverarts is an unknown quantity at this point
Red face Silly Question brought on by PR hysteria

Hi there!

I wonder if anyone can help me with one of those questions that ordinarily would not be a big deal, but because it's visa paperwork related, causes hours of stressing and agonizing? let's call this worry the "staple or paperclip syndrome"

Anyway, I am at the stage in PR application of having had the request for copies of every page of my partner's and my passports. We have so far had 3 temporary work permits stapled into our passports. When we went from TWP1 to TWP2, the immigration officer at the border removed TWP1. however, when we got our most recent TWPs, the officer did not remove the earlier ones, so now we both have out-of-date TWP2s stapled in our passports as well as the up-to-date TWP3s.

My question is: DO WE REMOVE THE OUT OF DATE TWPs? I would say yes, especially as I don't want to photocopy these old TWPs and have that cause any kind of problem with London. However, quite simply I am scared to remove them in case that is the wrong thing to do and it causes some kind of hideous problem with our PR.

Can anyone reassure me that I am just being silly? To remove or not to remove, that is the question!

Thank you
Old Aug 30th 2012, 11:36 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Silly Question brought on by PR hysteria

Hi

Originally Posted by vancouverarts
Hi there!

I wonder if anyone can help me with one of those questions that ordinarily would not be a big deal, but because it's visa paperwork related, causes hours of stressing and agonizing? let's call this worry the "staple or paperclip syndrome"

Anyway, I am at the stage in PR application of having had the request for copies of every page of my partner's and my passports. We have so far had 3 temporary work permits stapled into our passports. When we went from TWP1 to TWP2, the immigration officer at the border removed TWP1. however, when we got our most recent TWPs, the officer did not remove the earlier ones, so now we both have out-of-date TWP2s stapled in our passports as well as the up-to-date TWP3s.

My question is: DO WE REMOVE THE OUT OF DATE TWPs? I would say yes, especially as I don't want to photocopy these old TWPs and have that cause any kind of problem with London. However, quite simply I am scared to remove them in case that is the wrong thing to do and it causes some kind of hideous problem with our PR.

Can anyone reassure me that I am just being silly? To remove or not to remove, that is the question!

Thank you
Remove the out of date ones.
Old Aug 30th 2012, 12:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

ninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Silly Question brought on by PR hysteria

When we went from TWP1 to TWP2 we left the first one in(didn't know if we were supposed to take them out ourselves) and went to the States shopping. On our way back the Canadian immigration officer was genuinly surprised that we hadn't taken them out, removed them and wished us a nice day.
So no worries!