Wikiposts

Signatures on FSW1 application

Old Apr 19th 2010, 7:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Hubley, Nova Scotia (from Scotland via Yorkshire and London)
Kaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Signatures on FSW1 application

Sorry, another stupid question...

Instructions say to "sign the form".

Now, there is a signature box on Schedule 1 and Schedule 3, but none on the main application form IMM008. There isn't a signature box on IM 5406 Family Info form either. Unless I've lost a page or something...!

Which forms need signing - obviously S1 and S3, but what about the others?

Also - does the copy of the passport biodata page (I presume that is the photo page) need certifying as a true copy?

Thanks all.
Old Apr 19th 2010, 7:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

crazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nice
Default Re: Signatures on FSW1 application

Originally Posted by Kaye5
Now, there is a signature box on Schedule 1 and Schedule 3, but none on the main application form IMM008. There isn't a signature box on IM 5406 Family Info form either. Unless I've lost a page or something...!

Which forms need signing - obviously S1 and S3, but what about the others?

Also - does the copy of the passport biodata page (I presume that is the photo page) need certifying as a true copy?
There is nothing to sign on Schedule 3 - only Schedule 1 needs to be signed and IMM 5406 (Additional Family Info) in all applicable fields. There are 3 signature fields on IMM 5406, under Sections A, B and C.

As for certified copy of passport's bio page - no need for certification, IMM5612 checklist doesn't ask for it.

Reading instructions and guides, reading them again and again, then reading again until one is sure what to do and not what to do is the way to go.....
Old Apr 20th 2010, 12:23 am
BE Forum Addict

Kaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks

Sorry - getting my forms crossed. I meant what you have said re the forms that have signature boxes and those that don't - those that don't being the IMM0008 and the schedule 3.

It is because I am reading the instructions that I'm asking - the statement is simply "sign the form" (page 38 of the guide). So, as it doesn't specify which form, I look at them all and some say sign and some don't. If the instructions weren't so unclear, there would be no queries on this forum about them.
Old Apr 22nd 2010, 4:15 am
BE Forum Addict

... and this is why we all get confused.

As has been pointed out, there is NO place to sign on IM 0008 E GEN, yet the OP6 Federal Skilled Worker instructions

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resourc...p/op06-eng.pdf

state that Sydney must check that the application contains the:

"...required forms, including a signed and completed IMM 0008E GEN containing the name, birth date, address, nationality, marital status and current immigration status of the applicant and all family members (whether accompanying or not), and identifying the principal applicant, properly completed Schedule 1’s for the principal applicant, his or her spouse or common-law partner and all dependent children aged 18 and older listed on the IMM 0008, as well as a properly completed Schedule 3 for the principal applicant..." or it will be returned.

can anyone confirm that they definitely DON'T need to be signed - or otherwise.

Thanks
Old Apr 22nd 2010, 6:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Bucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kaye5
... and this is why we all get confused.

As has been pointed out, there is NO place to sign on IM 0008 E GEN, yet the OP6 Federal Skilled Worker instructions

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resourc...p/op06-eng.pdf

state that Sydney must check that the application contains the:

"...required forms, including a signed and completed IMM 0008E GEN containing the name, birth date, address, nationality, marital status and current immigration status of the applicant and all family members (whether accompanying or not), and identifying the principal applicant, properly completed Schedule 1’s for the principal applicant, his or her spouse or common-law partner and all dependent children aged 18 and older listed on the IMM 0008, as well as a properly completed Schedule 3 for the principal applicant..." or it will be returned.

can anyone confirm that they definitely DON'T need to be signed - or otherwise.

Thanks
But there is NO place to sign on an "IMM 0008 English Generic" form, at least on the 10-2008 version that we sent to Sydney in January 2010, and we got our 120 day notice with no problem. We never referred to the OP06 doc you link to, and our application was accepted. Whilst I understand your concern at getting the application right first time, I am beginning to think you are trying too hard to make sure it's perfect, and over-attention might be as dangerous as lack of attention. You are looking for advice from those that have gone before you - we followed the guidelines on the forms themselves, the EG7 guide and the IMM5612E document checklist, and received our 120 day letter after 2 months.
Keep photocopies, and scan them in too so you can print forms out later too if you need to, but from what I've read on here from you, you sound ready to post it! Good luck!! :-)
Old Apr 22nd 2010, 9:00 am
BE Forum Addict

I know, I'm getting completely paranoid, but we won't get a second chance at this if we get anything wrong - hence paranoia!

We're caught in the trap where we cannot send the application until the last minute (waiting for one year work on the List which is up tomorrow, so we can't send until Monday) so if it is returned for a minor error, that's probably it for us, as we are likely be taken off the List.

Unbelievable combination of bad timing - List changing, volcano delaying couriers, one year not being quite yet up.....

Believe me, if it wasn't for this combination, I would just put the application in and not worry too much if there was something wrong, as it would just mean a delay.

However.....!!