Should we be worried? Spousal PR

Old Dec 12th 2008, 10:13 am
Forum Regular

treehavn is just really nicetreehavn is just really nicetreehavn is just really nicetreehavn is just really nicetreehavn is just really nicetreehavn is just really nicetreehavn is just really nicetreehavn is just really nicetreehavn is just really nicetreehavn is just really nice
Default Should we be worried? Spousal PR

London started processing our spousal PR application on 6 August, & sent back the photos we'd submitted as evidence of our common-law on 23 September with a standard form saying no further paperwork was required. Since then we've heard nothing - and, as our tenancy has run out in the UK, we're moving to Canada on 19 January. We're resigned that my partner will have to wait as a tourist until we get the passport request/PR, but the emails I have sent CIC regarding change of address have gone unacknowledged (as I understand is normal).

Has anyone had any joy with communicating with CIC London? I understand they won't discuss the details of a case until 6 months have elapsed (which will be at the end of this month) but everyone else I have read of with a similar timeline to ours - who is still waiting on their PPR - have had requests for further info. There's nothing complicating our application as far as I can tell - he's never been married or common law before, no dependents, no convictions, no health issues, no gaps in employment/education, never lived outside the UK. Should we be worried?

Sorry for the moan. The stress of moving - and moving in with the mother in law (!) - over the holidays is doing my nut.
Old Dec 13th 2008, 12:43 am
Forum Regular

Ron Liberman is just really niceRon Liberman is just really niceRon Liberman is just really niceRon Liberman is just really niceRon Liberman is just really niceRon Liberman is just really niceRon Liberman is just really niceRon Liberman is just really niceRon Liberman is just really nice
Default Re: Should we be worried? Spousal PR

There may not be a problem, but I would suggest a CAIPS request may yield useful information.
Old Dec 13th 2008, 1:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

sas-lou has a reputation beyond reputesas-lou has a reputation beyond reputesas-lou has a reputation beyond reputesas-lou has a reputation beyond reputesas-lou has a reputation beyond reputesas-lou has a reputation beyond reputesas-lou has a reputation beyond reputesas-lou has a reputation beyond reputesas-lou has a reputation beyond reputesas-lou has a reputation beyond reputesas-lou has a reputation beyond repute

Email them .. they have 28 days to reply .. sometimes they will and sometimes they wont .. expain the situation and see what you get back .. just go to the cic.gc.ca website

Hope this helps.
Old Dec 13th 2008, 6:55 pm
Just Joined

Neil and Karla is an unknown quantity at this point

We just got our visas through this week, we had our common law relationship notarized and as we did not have a joint bank account we had some issues. We were planning a wedding anyway and just brought it forward a few months!

The point of this is that immigration claimed to have emailed me to let me know what they required but it never arrived, I sent them an email question with my DOB and application number and they called me back the next day, they were really helpful. If i were you, I would email them, they will come back to you.

Once they had received the marriage cert, the Visa was issued immediately. Due to my vocation, I needed a police check and a medical, adding approximately six weeks to the process.

Any questions, give us a shout! I know the stress you are feeling!!

Neil
Old Dec 13th 2008, 7:03 pm
Forum Regular

treehavn is just really nicetreehavn is just really nicetreehavn is just really nicetreehavn is just really nicetreehavn is just really nicetreehavn is just really nicetreehavn is just really nicetreehavn is just really nicetreehavn is just really nicetreehavn is just really nice

Originally Posted by Ron Liberman
There may not be a problem, but I would suggest a CAIPS request may yield useful information.
Cheers. I've heard about this but have been putting off submitting a request, thinking that we were bound to have heard something in the 5-6 weeks average it takes to receive the report What kind of information is included on CAIPS, do you know?
Old Dec 13th 2008, 7:05 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by sas-lou
Email them .. they have 28 days to reply .. sometimes they will and sometimes they wont .. expain the situation and see what you get back .. just go to the cic.gc.ca website

Hope this helps.
Oh, I've emailed them 3 times already, way over 28 days ago the first time. For the most part it has been notifying them of changes of address - but on the most recent request I noted that this Monday it'll be 6 months (in weeks not calendar months) since we submitted, and if there was a problem with the application could they please let me know. We'll see, I don't doubt the Christmas period will slow up processing further.
Old Dec 13th 2008, 7:34 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Neil and Karla
The point of this is that immigration claimed to have emailed me to let me know what they required but it never arrived, I sent them an email question with my DOB and application number and they called me back the next day, they were really helpful. If i were you, I would email them, they will come back to you.
It is stressful, not just the standard application and moving stress, but because at this point - having emailed them 3 times - I feel like we have no comeback with CIC. I've heard stories where people have finally managed to get in contact with them, like you, only to have them say 'we emailed you about such-and-such weeks ago'.
Old Dec 14th 2008, 1:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Biiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond repute

We faxed them (common-law sponsorship through London) at the 5mth point because OH had a course place offer that was only open to PRs and we needed to know before paying the deposit if he was going to be getting PR anytime soon. They called us back within 24hrs saying they'd sent his passport request over 2mths ago... Royal Mail never delivered it to us, we had no idea!! I'm glad we "hassled" them. I'd say do it, if they don't think it's worth answering, they won't. And if you've got a situation like mine they'll be straight in touch

But fax, don't email. They're all still in the 1980s you know
Old Dec 14th 2008, 3:21 pm
Forum Regular

neilo71 has a brilliant futureneilo71 has a brilliant futureneilo71 has a brilliant futureneilo71 has a brilliant futureneilo71 has a brilliant futureneilo71 has a brilliant futureneilo71 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by treehavn
It is stressful, not just the standard application and moving stress, but because at this point - having emailed them 3 times - I feel like we have no comeback with CIC. I've heard stories where people have finally managed to get in contact with them, like you, only to have them say 'we emailed you about such-and-such weeks ago'.
Trust me Treehavn,i am the same as you. Been 6 months since the whole process began and i have not heard anything either, even when i did change address they have it wrong on E-cas...I am also stll waiting to hear from them regarding the visa situation. Would love to hear from them soon..Also have e-mail them a few times in regarding the wrong address on e-cas and have not heard anything from them i have even faxed them about the wrong address and not heard anything..
CIC London from what i hear seems to be the worsed for gettng back to people..
Old Dec 14th 2008, 6:36 pm
Forum Regular

Rixy has a reputation beyond reputeRixy has a reputation beyond reputeRixy has a reputation beyond reputeRixy has a reputation beyond reputeRixy has a reputation beyond reputeRixy has a reputation beyond reputeRixy has a reputation beyond reputeRixy has a reputation beyond reputeRixy has a reputation beyond reputeRixy has a reputation beyond reputeRixy has a reputation beyond repute

Wouldn't worry Guys.
The first stages are always the slowest to hear anything.
Next time your hear something, which should be shortly. The application and everything with it will go through so fast.
Old Dec 14th 2008, 10:43 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by neilo71
Trust me Treehavn,i am the same as you. Been 6 months since the whole process began and i have not heard anything either, even when i did change address they have it wrong on E-cas...I am also stll waiting to hear from them regarding the visa situation.
Yes, I've been following your case on Trackitt and here Neilo - it sounds horribly frustrating, especially since you and your wife are separated. Hopefully you'll get some good news over Christmas!
Old Dec 14th 2008, 10:46 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Biiiiink
But fax, don't email. They're all still in the 1980s you know
I'll have to get someone to showing me how to use the fax machine - we used to have one at work but even our very old-fashioned organization the fax machine has been consigned to the dusty corner of the office

Cheers. I don't know if I'd laugh or cry if they said that they'd been waiting to supply the visa for two months.