Should I Be Worried?

Old Jan 14th 2010, 10:14 pm
Forum Regular

simonfiction is just really nicesimonfiction is just really nicesimonfiction is just really nicesimonfiction is just really nicesimonfiction is just really nicesimonfiction is just really nicesimonfiction is just really nicesimonfiction is just really nicesimonfiction is just really nice
Default Should I Be Worried?

After what can only be described as a surprisingly smooth and quick PR process (sponsored common-law processed in London) the final stage seems to be the most agonising. My girlfriend mailed her passport 4 weeks ago by courier. We have delivery confirmation from the courier but I got the impression this doesn't usually take longer than 3 weeks. It's incredibly frustrating because the embassy simply will not speak to you until 6 weeks has passed. So until then I don't even know they have the passport or that they have the right return address or that they've even sent it back and it is lost in the mail somewhere.

*sigh* I never knew this part would have me so frustrated. We're itching to book her flight over. Has anyone else waited this long for what seems like one minor visa issue in a passport?
Old Jan 14th 2010, 11:14 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Should I Be Worried?

Hi

Originally Posted by simonfiction
After what can only be described as a surprisingly smooth and quick PR process (sponsored common-law processed in London) the final stage seems to be the most agonising. My girlfriend mailed her passport 4 weeks ago by courier. We have delivery confirmation from the courier but I got the impression this doesn't usually take longer than 3 weeks. It's incredibly frustrating because the embassy simply will not speak to you until 6 weeks has passed. So until then I don't even know they have the passport or that they have the right return address or that they've even sent it back and it is lost in the mail somewhere.

*sigh* I never knew this part would have me so frustrated. We're itching to book her flight over. Has anyone else waited this long for what seems like one minor visa issue in a passport?
Note, there was Xmas, Boxing Day and New Years day in that time period, so you have to assume that not much processing got done in that 10 period.
Old Jan 15th 2010, 12:27 am
Forum Regular

Kynn is just really niceKynn is just really niceKynn is just really niceKynn is just really niceKynn is just really niceKynn is just really niceKynn is just really niceKynn is just really nice

Ours took 4 weeks from the time London received it. That was with NO holidays in the mix. So I would imagine that with xmas and new years in there, you can add at least a week to that timeline. Just an FYI, I expected them to send it 'signed for' of some variety, but they didn't. It just showed up in our mailbox with all of that day's junkmail!
Old Jan 15th 2010, 12:36 am
Forum Regular

simonfiction is just really nicesimonfiction is just really nicesimonfiction is just really nicesimonfiction is just really nicesimonfiction is just really nicesimonfiction is just really nicesimonfiction is just really nicesimonfiction is just really nicesimonfiction is just really nice

Originally Posted by Kynn
Ours took 4 weeks from the time London received it. That was with NO holidays in the mix. So I would imagine that with xmas and new years in there, you can add at least a week to that timeline. Just an FYI, I expected them to send it 'signed for' of some variety, but they didn't. It just showed up in our mailbox with all of that day's junkmail!
Ahh, thanks for the reassurance. It just seemed as though everyone had got there's returned dead on 3 weeks. I wish we had dropped it off in person now to pick up. You would think it would be no real extra work to update the status online to having received the passport and when they've mailed it back, especially as London seem to have zero communication with the outside world. It would stop over worrying people like me from attempting to get in touch with them and giving them more work