Should I wait for list ?

Old Oct 27th 2008, 12:02 am
Forum Regular

markan is just really nicemarkan is just really nicemarkan is just really nicemarkan is just really nicemarkan is just really nicemarkan is just really nicemarkan is just really nicemarkan is just really nicemarkan is just really nicemarkan is just really nicemarkan is just really nice
Default Should I wait for list ?

Hi, I am currently in Ontario on a 2 year TWP (skilled worker ).I have all paperwork ready, wage slips, employers letter etc to apply for for fast track PR.Should I just go ahead and apply or wait for the Ministers List to be announced. Could waiting be beneficial,or should I apply now.
I am hoping to obtain PR status as soon as possible, which will enable our 18 year old son to work.
Thanks in advance for any comments or advice
PS Anyone know how long fast track is taking in London ?
Old Oct 27th 2008, 12:07 am
Now on Vancouver Island

Judy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Should I wait for list ?

If I were you, I'd submit my PR application yesterday.

Sorry, I don't know how long it's taking fast tracked applications to be processed at the moment.

But, regardless of the unknown (to me) answer to that question, I'm sure you're better off applying right away.

It's just possible that your occupation won't be on the Minister's list of jobs in extreme demand. Even if your job is on her list of jobs in extreme demand, I can't see that application route being any quicker than the one presently open to you.
x
Old Oct 27th 2008, 1:22 am
BE Enthusiast

SarahBC has a reputation beyond reputeSarahBC has a reputation beyond reputeSarahBC has a reputation beyond reputeSarahBC has a reputation beyond reputeSarahBC has a reputation beyond reputeSarahBC has a reputation beyond reputeSarahBC has a reputation beyond reputeSarahBC has a reputation beyond reputeSarahBC has a reputation beyond reputeSarahBC has a reputation beyond reputeSarahBC has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Should I wait for list ?

Hi,

As Judy said, apply now.

I seem to have the fastest granting of Permanent Residency I've ever seen. I applied in April 2008 via London. My current TWP permit was due to expire in April 2009, so I wanted to apply to get my status changed.

My timeline for PR:

Sent Full PR Application to London 12 April 2008

Received Medical Requests 9 May 2008

Medicals in Campbell River, BC 3 Jun 2008

Sent extra info/common law form/additional family info forms 30 June 2008

Medical Couriered to London 2 July 2008

Passports Request 29 August 2008

Passports Couriered to London 30 August 2008

Passports Returned 15 October 2008

Landed at Washington/BC Border 20 October 2008

There's a Wiki on Fast-Tracking to help you (if you haven't already seen it).

Sarah

PS get ready for lots of faffing around getting specifically sized photographs done, and spending a fortune on fees and couriers!

The easiest bit of the whole process was landing. Which took 7 minutes at the border.
Old Oct 27th 2008, 1:09 pm
Immigration Consultant

Paul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by markan
Hi, I am currently in Ontario on a 2 year TWP (skilled worker ).I have all paperwork ready, wage slips, employers letter etc to apply for for fast track PR.Should I just go ahead and apply or wait for the Ministers List to be announced. Could waiting be beneficial,or should I apply now.
I am hoping to obtain PR status as soon as possible, which will enable our 18 year old son to work.
Thanks in advance for any comments or advice
PS Anyone know how long fast track is taking in London ?
The only point of waiting for the list to be published would be if you didnt have arranged employment. But since you have arranged employment the list wont affect you - the list is supposedly going to be a list of occupations that are in demend for which people can still get priority processing even though they dont have job offers.
Old Oct 27th 2008, 7:35 pm
Forum Regular

sprucemoose is on a distinguished road

We applied to London (skilled worker fast-track) May 1st and are still waiting on medical requests. But there was a hiccup with our change of address.

If I were you, I'd apply right away and forget about the list since you can already be fast tracked. I imagine there will be an influx of applications once the list is published, so you're better off trying to get in before that workload.