Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Should I still applying for IEC despite Covid and backlog?

Should I still applying for IEC despite Covid and backlog?

Old Oct 31st 2020, 12:20 pm
Just Joined

Steve90 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Should I still applying for IEC despite Covid and backlog?

Apologies I have limited knowledge around how the IEC visa works.

Current status of IEC data:
United Kingdom — Working Holiday
This pool is open. If you’re eligible you can submit your profile now.

Quota: 2,500 (subject to change)
First round of invitations: February 24, 2020
Final round of invitations: To be announced
Invitations issued to date: 291
Spots available: 2,347
Candidates in the pool: 6,494

The data for this category are based on the information available on March 13, 2020.

Chance of receiving an invitation in the next round

Very low

As of March 13, 2020
Despite this should I still create a profile and apply or should I assume that I should wait for next season?

My concern is that if I apply and get rejected due to there being an existing back log would this mean I cannot apply again (I believe UK applicants can only apply once).

What is the speculation of how the IEC process will run with Covid going on (I expect an unknown)

Thanks in advance
Old Oct 31st 2020, 12:34 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Should I still applying for IEC despite Covid and backlog?

Originally Posted by Steve90
Apologies I have limited knowledge around how the IEC visa works.

Current status of IEC data:

Despite this should I still create a profile and apply or should I assume that I should wait for next season?

My concern is that if I apply and get rejected due to there being an existing back log would this mean I cannot apply again (I believe UK applicants can only apply once).

What is the speculation of how the IEC process will run with Covid going on (I expect an unknown)

Thanks in advance

You can certainly apply, but this year's program is suspended at the moment and I can't see that changing anytime soon. You can only participate once, but you can apply more than once (many have to, as they don't get lucky). Only once you actually are invited and get your LOI does that count as your participation.

HTH.
Old Oct 31st 2020, 12:43 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for the quick response to this.

Does the program year run from Jan - Dec (Reset in Jan2021)
Old Oct 31st 2020, 12:57 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steve90
Thanks for the quick response to this.

Does the program year run from Jan - Dec (Reset in Jan2021)
No, not necessarily I'm afraid! It's opened anytime between October and March previously, it changes and isn't a set date. Then it just runs until the quota is full.

So if you decide to wait and apply under next year's program, you'll just have to keep an eye on the website. We also usually try and put it on here as soon it's announced.

Good luck.
Old Nov 1st 2020, 6:44 am
Just Joined

Thanks for confirming, I will keep an eye out.

Is there another thread that contains what to expect for applying for an IEC or preparation beforehand e.g. apply for work permit, should I have medical examination results ready etc.

Just wanted to get an understanding of the sequence the application process goes through and what should be in order so that is no delay on my end.
Old Nov 1st 2020, 6:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

This link will answer most questions

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...anada/iec.html

Medicals only required for certain occupations

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...residents.html

Frequently asked questions link

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpce...pic.asp?top=25