Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Should I get a medical done first?

Should I get a medical done first?

Old Aug 16th 2007, 10:22 am
Forum Regular

CHRISRICHES has a brilliant futureCHRISRICHES has a brilliant futureCHRISRICHES has a brilliant futureCHRISRICHES has a brilliant futureCHRISRICHES has a brilliant futureCHRISRICHES has a brilliant futureCHRISRICHES has a brilliant future
Default Should I get a medical done first?

Hi, my family and I are considering moving to Canada on a Temporary Work Permit, then hopefully gain PR after working and living there for a while.

I have a slight Kidney condition, that has no side effects other than raises my blood pressure. I am on medication to control my blood pressure, and see the doctor once a year to check everything is fine (also didn't have any problems passing my HGV medical) I only found out I had the condition when I was 16/17 at a medical for the RAF - I'm now 28)

Should I have a medical done at an immigration approved practice now, to see if it would be a problem with the medical at a later date.

I know a medical is only valid for 1 year, but thought it would be better to find out now instead of moving ect..... only to find I can't get PR.

Any advice is appreciated.

Chris
Old Aug 16th 2007, 1:46 pm
Glasgow Rangers

Voyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Should I get a medical done first?

Originally Posted by CHRISRICHES
Hi, my family and I are considering moving to Canada on a Temporary Work Permit, then hopefully gain PR after working and living there for a while.

I have a slight Kidney condition, that has no side effects other than raises my blood pressure. I am on medication to control my blood pressure, and see the doctor once a year to check everything is fine (also didn't have any problems passing my HGV medical) I only found out I had the condition when I was 16/17 at a medical for the RAF - I'm now 28)

Should I have a medical done at an immigration approved practice now, to see if it would be a problem with the medical at a later date.

I know a medical is only valid for 1 year, but thought it would be better to find out now instead of moving ect..... only to find I can't get PR.

Any advice is appreciated.

Chris
Chris,

You can only approach a designated medical practitioner once you have all the documentation sent to you from CHC to undergo a medical for immigration purposes.

Correct me if I am wrong, but are you thinking about trying to book an immigration medical without having the documentation from CHC, just a tester medical to see if all is OK !!

As long as your medical condition is not a drain on the Canadian health system you should be OK

I am sure if you do a search about medicals you will find out the exact costs that you allowed to run up before you are considered a drain on the system.

Hope this helps

Eddie