Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

should i cancel our PR application?

should i cancel our PR application?

Old Feb 9th 2009, 9:30 am
Forum Regular

tinyteds is an unknown quantity at this point
Default should i cancel our PR application?

Hi everyone!
I have another question for anyone who can give me some advice!
We have already applied for PW but only the simplified version back in Oct 08and so far all we have got back is a reciept for the fees. We were told that we would hear back by 02.04.09 as to whether we will progress to the next stage or not. We now realise that in fact we dont have enough points anyway so here is our dillema, I am now considering applyong to do a grad course at uni & apply for a student permit which will allow my husband an OWP. We then plan on applying for PR through a PNP. Does anyone think this is a viable idea and also should we cancel our original application as we wont qualify on it anyway and will this stop us from being allowed to apply again for another 3 years?
Old Feb 10th 2009, 12:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Washington, the original one, for now. The future - who knows?
Wearsider is a splendid one to beholdWearsider is a splendid one to beholdWearsider is a splendid one to beholdWearsider is a splendid one to beholdWearsider is a splendid one to beholdWearsider is a splendid one to beholdWearsider is a splendid one to beholdWearsider is a splendid one to beholdWearsider is a splendid one to beholdWearsider is a splendid one to beholdWearsider is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: should i cancel our PR application?

Originally Posted by tinyteds
Hi everyone!
We have already applied for PW but only the simplified version back in Oct 08and so far all we have got back is a reciept for the fees. We were told that we would hear back by 02.04.09 as to whether we will progress to the next stage or not. We now realise that in fact we dont have enough points anyway so here is our dillema, I am now considering applyong to do a grad course at uni & apply for a student permit which will allow my husband an OWP. We then plan on applying for PR through a PNP. Does anyone think this is a viable idea and also should we cancel our original application as we wont qualify on it anyway and will this stop us from being allowed to apply again for another 3 years?
What have you got to lose by not cancelling it, a couple of hundred quid?

I wasn't sure if I had enough points from day 1 but I still went ahead with the process. Although these things should not be subjective, all case work is to some extent, so if you are border line and the Agent reviewing your case is in a good mood they may use their discretion, similarly it could go the other way.

I do not see why not having enough points now will affect any future application as your circumstances will have changed by then.

I would still go for it myself; nowt to loose really, but some will say "how dare you clutter up the system when you know you have no chance blah, blah, blah, you are making the process longer for all of the decent people who are hoping to get there, blah, blah, blah.""
Old Feb 10th 2009, 12:59 am
BE Enthusiast

z030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to behold

I agree with the above-- go for it. And no, I very much doubt that it will have any adverse impact on any future applications you make IF you do get rejected on this app.

Have my fingers crossed for you!

Good Luck Hunnie!!
Old Feb 10th 2009, 7:34 am
Forum Regular

tinyteds is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by tinyteds
Hi everyone!
just wanted to say thanks to all your words of encouragment!!! I think that we just have to keep reminding ourselves that we are doing this to give our kids a better chance and that we will get there at some point no matter what!! thanks again!!