Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

SHITTY ROADS!!!! WHY IN Canada????

SHITTY ROADS!!!! WHY IN Canada????

Old May 5th 2005, 6:14 am
Forum Regular

vetal is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: SHITTY ROADS!!!! WHY IN Canada????

One place where everything is perfect is on the other side of the fence, where I never went.

Why not whine, its our devine right. We pay taxes that gives us the whining privilage.

Originally Posted by MJ23
Name one place where everything is perfect? The answer is that you can't!

Come on guys let's stop this and quit the whining!
Old May 5th 2005, 6:17 am
Forum Regular

juliusmaximus is a jewel in the roughjuliusmaximus is a jewel in the roughjuliusmaximus is a jewel in the roughjuliusmaximus is a jewel in the rough

Guys ! Stop moaning about shitty and bumpy roads , they are giving you the perfect excuse to buy one of those real cool Hummers !
Old May 5th 2005, 6:20 am
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by juliusmaximus
Guys ! Stop moaning about shitty and bumpy roads , they are giving you the perfect excuse to buy one of those real cool Hummers !
Cool???? Wouldnt be the first word that sprang to my mind!
Old May 5th 2005, 6:23 am
The ECA Godfather

MJ23 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by vetal
One place where everything is perfect is on the other side of the fence, where I never went.

Why not whine, its our devine right. We pay taxes that gives us the whining privilage.
I can compare Vancouver to Seattle, and I can tell you Vancouver has much nicer bridges compared to Seattle. Trust me, I'm a bridge engineer and I designed some of those plain looking bridges in Washington State! The state is just not willing to pay extra money to make the bridges nicer like Vancouver.

Hands down, bridges in Vancouver are much nice than Seattle!

Vetal, you still didn't pay taxes. When you pay next year, then start your whining program I'm joking buddy. Have at it an whine all you want!

I just think people need to get rid of this rosey idea that all their troubles will be gone once they reach Canada, and that everything will go 100% right! When you become a PR in Canada, your S%$%$ won't smell any nicer
Old May 5th 2005, 7:22 am
keep checking....

mhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to all

Originally Posted by juliusmaximus
Hi Julius: Which one of those faces on the avatar is you.

P.S. Switzerland supposebly has the best roads in the world.

Remember Amy: What is on the roads, and where they lead to is why you came to Canada. Compared to that, I couldnt care less about a pott-hole.

Congratulations, you made it, hope Lufthansa treated you well and Munich was a smooth stopover. Give canada a big Hug from me.
Old May 5th 2005, 9:57 am
Gone Walkabout

Scouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really nice

Originally Posted by amancharan
I might be wrong guys; but even though I landed like 3 days back, I just found a striking difference in roads's condition.. So, I decided to bring this up..
overall condition is nice, but I just found them bumpier than those in the UK.
Try more cushions on the back seat!! [damn!!..did I really say that!!]
Old May 5th 2005, 10:07 am
BE Enthusiast

Patsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to all

Originally Posted by MarkG
Agreed: the roads around here in the UK are not much worse than the roads I've used in Canada... they just have a hundred times as many cars on them .
I totaly disagree...i fell down many a hole driving between Huntingdon and Dorval each day ..isnt it something to do with not paying road tax therefore roads get left..or did i make that up?
Old May 5th 2005, 1:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

kleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by iaink
Where are you? Lots of them around Toronto

montreal roads are full of holes. big ones too.
Old May 5th 2005, 1:48 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kleinluka
montreal roads are full of holes. big ones too.
'Tis the season for them, most will get filled. Nothing to do with my comment anyway, that was about freeways. No-ones denying the roads take a beating, but theres a reason for it. I suspect PQ spends less on the roads than ON though, and it shows.
Old May 5th 2005, 2:30 pm
Forum Regular

Boyee will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by iaink
'Tis the season for them, most will get filled. Nothing to do with my comment anyway, that was about freeways. No-ones denying the roads take a beating, but theres a reason for it. I suspect PQ spends less on the roads than ON though, and it shows.
Im a maritimer and I have seen pot holes so big (all together now.. "how big was it"?) I have seen potholes so big you have to get out of your car when it rains to see whos water skiing in it. This is Canada, big and beautiful and full of potholes. Once the DOT sends out the patch crew we can all come back here and complain about the tar on our cars that we cant seem to get completely off, Or the longggggg waits to get home from work because the high way is down to one lane due to road construction or repaving or something like that. Then we can complain about the mosquitos and black flies and the heat, and the congested highways and not long enough vacations and the list continues. LOL..If the potholes are the only thing we have to complain about in this beautiful and vast land of untouched splendor, then we are doing very well indeed. Just think of it as an adventure.. like a canadain version of the out back.. you never know what is lurking over that huge bump or what lies in that deep pot hole.. you can get out of your car and say to your kids.. ahhhhh lookie there kids.. careful now.. this pot hole is separated from it mum, so we cant get to close it might bite.. aint she a beauty?
Yes I know I am a nut but my kids love me..

boyee
Old May 12th 2005, 11:54 pm
Just Joined

Witchygirl is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: SHITTY ROADS!!!! WHY IN Canada????

Hey, you want to live in Devon, the state of B roads in Devon generally is diabolical. We were in Canada for three weeks last year and we loved the Canadian highway system. We didn't find four way junctions a problem, or the turning right at a red light (once my husband had got the nerve up to actually do this!). This was the first time we had driven in Canada, and the first time my husband had ever driven on the other side of the road. We loved the fact that all the roads are so wide and at least on the highways, we didn't come up with one traffic jam - I guess living close to the M5 we should be used to this by now!!!
Witchygirl