Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

SHITTY ROADS!!!! WHY IN Canada????

SHITTY ROADS!!!! WHY IN Canada????

Old May 3rd 2005, 4:00 pm
Every day is a new day...

amancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond repute
Default SHITTY ROADS!!!! WHY IN Canada????

U know wat guys? I might be wrong or something, but the roads in Canada are really bumpy and shitty!
It has been a real concern for me; primarlity when u compare it to the UK....
any comments??
Old May 3rd 2005, 4:08 pm
Forum Regular

Hudman is just really niceHudman is just really niceHudman is just really niceHudman is just really niceHudman is just really niceHudman is just really niceHudman is just really niceHudman is just really niceHudman is just really niceHudman is just really niceHudman is just really nice
Default Re: SHITTY ROADS!!!! WHY IN Canada????

Originally Posted by amancharan
U know wat guys? I might be wrong or something, but the roads in Canada are really bumpy and shitty!
any comments??
I'll second that, also road markings and slips on/off highways are real dangerous. N.American 4 way stops are a recipe for confusion as are right turns on red in cities. The road system/safety is the only thing better in UK.
I'mm told severe temps are responsible for pot holesespecially Eastern Canada.
Old May 3rd 2005, 6:58 pm
Forum Regular

juliusmaximus is a jewel in the roughjuliusmaximus is a jewel in the roughjuliusmaximus is a jewel in the roughjuliusmaximus is a jewel in the rough

any comments??
If you mean the road TO Canada is shitty & bumpy, I agree
Old May 3rd 2005, 8:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

SANDRAPAUL is just really niceSANDRAPAUL is just really niceSANDRAPAUL is just really niceSANDRAPAUL is just really niceSANDRAPAUL is just really niceSANDRAPAUL is just really niceSANDRAPAUL is just really niceSANDRAPAUL is just really nice

Originally Posted by juliusmaximus
If you mean the road TO Canada is shitty & bumpy, I agree
Having driven on Canadian roads both highway and more rural/scenic I saw no difference in quality to where we live in Kent, UK. Roads round here are appauling where they have been dug up on tooooo many occasions.
Old May 3rd 2005, 8:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

MarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond repute

Agreed: the roads around here in the UK are not much worse than the roads I've used in Canada... they just have a hundred times as many cars on them .
Old May 3rd 2005, 9:00 pm
I'm a girl, dagnabbit! :)

Wannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud of

I've found the roads in Ontario to be of a good standard. Whenever you cross the border to Quebec, though...
Old May 3rd 2005, 9:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

SAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond repute

So would UK roads if we had -40 winter temperatures!!

any comments??
Old May 4th 2005, 12:51 am
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

any comments??
Frost Heaving and Snow Plough Damage. Uk roads would look the same or worse if subjected to +30 in the summer and -30 in the winter. When youve been here a while you will understand . If you want to see really shitty roads take a trip to Detroit, there you will see the effect of the same climate, but no public spending on them!

Whats wrong with Right turn on red? Sitting at a Red with nothing comming would drive me nuts now. Same with 4 ways, its basically a roundabout anyway, hardly anyone stops completely. The only confusion is if everyone arrives at the same time, and at that point the biggest vehicle goes first

Last edited by iaink; May 4th 2005 at 12:54 am.
Old May 4th 2005, 1:26 am

Canada Jane has disabled reputation

any comments??
Hi

We have just come back from our second fact finding trip to the London area of Ontario and made this comment ourselves.

The roads both in the city and surrounding towns and countryside are pretty bad. Lots of potholes and rough areas.

Never mind - the roads hopefully lead to better places in the end! (rose tinted glasses in place).

Jane
Old May 4th 2005, 2:57 am
Forum Regular

Tarik is an unknown quantity at this point

:-) Come on, the roads are OK in Ontario, and Quebec. I dont know about the rest of Canada, and can not compare it to UK.
The bad thing is the SALT they spay the highways in winter! That crap ruins the car and shoes!
But eventually you will get over it. Get yourself a big GM truck, and have a smooth ride
Old May 4th 2005, 3:02 am
BE Enthusiast

frankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud of

I Can't believe this....At least the roads in Canada are wide enough...Here where I live a slight deviation by a driver and there is an accident...I think one single lane over there is the equivalent to two here...
Old May 4th 2005, 3:10 am
BE Enthusiast

SANDRAPAUL is just really niceSANDRAPAUL is just really niceSANDRAPAUL is just really niceSANDRAPAUL is just really niceSANDRAPAUL is just really niceSANDRAPAUL is just really niceSANDRAPAUL is just really niceSANDRAPAUL is just really nice

Perhaps its where you live like many things. Its funny when we go out of the area and one of the children say 'ooh this road is quiet' or 'oh this road is smooth'. Probaly did 1500 miles in Canada and not once did I hear a complaint from the back of the people carrier - and I guarantee if it was there it would be out in an instance.

We thought London, Ont roads were very good so we must be comparing to our own location as of now...?

Hey Ho!
Old May 4th 2005, 4:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Maple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to behold

any comments??
Why is it a real concern for you..?...haven't you just got here..????
Old May 4th 2005, 5:14 am
Forum Regular

mman is an unknown quantity at this point

Where are the freeways? Seems like they forgot to build them here?
Old May 4th 2005, 5:44 am
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mman
Where are the freeways? Seems like they forgot to build them here?
Where are you? Lots of them around Toronto

Last edited by iaink; May 4th 2005 at 5:46 am.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.