Shipping & Packing questions

Old Dec 2nd 2005, 3:37 am
Forum Regular

rabrol has much to be proud ofrabrol has much to be proud ofrabrol has much to be proud ofrabrol has much to be proud ofrabrol has much to be proud ofrabrol has much to be proud ofrabrol has much to be proud ofrabrol has much to be proud ofrabrol has much to be proud ofrabrol has much to be proud ofrabrol has much to be proud of
Arrow Shipping & Packing questions

Hello there.

This weekend's job is packing the boxes! But I need to know a few things first, and thought I would come to you guys...my usual source of info on immigration and all it entails

Do I need to keep a very accurate list of contents of each box (e.g. listing all magazines by title and month, books by title and author) or is it enough to write "Books" and "Magazines" for the goods to follow list?

Has anyone tried air freight? I could do with a list of companies you have used! We are only sending out about 8-10 boxes along with a rocking chair.

Any other advice????

Many thanks,
Rob
Old Dec 2nd 2005, 6:57 am
BE Enthusiast

steve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to all
Default Re: Shipping & Packing questions

Hi, we went back to the UK in July, to move 10 2x2 corrugated cardboard boxes and a garden lounger wrapped in bubble wrap, from self store facility to Brittania Tusons of Ware. They forwarded it to us, it arrived about 12 weeks later. Ware to our home and unpacking service, incl ins. £900.
Airfreight was around £3000 then.

A4 and B4 forms - we used descriptions such as - Ornaments, Glassware, Pictures in Frames, Books, Clothing.

Do not mention shoes! As they can carry "farming diseases" in traces of dried mud etc.!!! Customs will ask about shoes!!!!

You do need to to say - example - 16 pictures - 27 books - 47 pieces of clothing and so on.

We re-entered through St. John`s NF in August, it took 4 min. to get that aspect (goods to follow) completed!