Shipping Items to Canada

Old Jul 29th 2005, 8:03 pm
Just Joined

newapojims'wife is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Shipping Items to Canada

Hello Everyone!

Hoping someone whose been there, done that can give us some advice.

We're trying to find the most economical way to get my Husband's personal effects from the U.K. to Ontario. Every company, etc.. we've checked with so far has been very expensive. He's only shipping personal items, clothes, books, cd's, etc... Nothing big, no furniture or electronics, etc....

Just wondering what other folks have done who have already arrived in Canada. Just trying to gather as much info. as we can!

Many thanks!

Anita
Old Jul 30th 2005, 7:34 am
Forum Regular

Jameso is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Shipping Items to Canada

Originally Posted by newapojims'wife
Hello Everyone!

Hoping someone whose been there, done that can give us some advice.

We're trying to find the most economical way to get my Husband's personal effects from the U.K. to Ontario. Every company, etc.. we've checked with so far has been very expensive. He's only shipping personal items, clothes, books, cd's, etc... Nothing big, no furniture or electronics, etc....

Just wondering what other folks have done who have already arrived in Canada. Just trying to gather as much info. as we can!

Many thanks!

Anita
I would also be very interested in an answer on this one. The best we have found so far is "mailboxes etc". I have a bout 6 boxes of books, cd's, clothes etc. Mailboxes etc work on weight only and will delviver door to door (i.e pick up from your home) But I think it is still going to be about £400. .Is there a cheaper way?

Jameso
Old Jul 30th 2005, 9:17 am
BE Enthusiast

Ibraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to all

this one quoted me £325 for door/door and size of about 1 cubic metre
www.upakweship.co.uk
Old Jul 30th 2005, 10:28 am
GO FLAMES GO!!!!

Steve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to behold

Hi,

We have looked into this and found a company that ships by sea or air.

www.sevenseasworldwide.com .They offer a door to door service with free packing cartons and materials, for example by sea the first carton is £129 and £55 for all the others if required.

We will use them for our bits and bobs not required immediatley, it says on their website shipping would take around 8 weeks.

Hope this helps

Regards Steve
Old Jul 31st 2005, 11:02 pm
Just Joined

newapojims'wife is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks so much everyone...

Some great advice here, and some new websites and moving companies we haven't seen yet!

Again, thanks ever so much for all the great information.....!

Anita
Old Aug 1st 2005, 10:14 am
Lotus-eater

Rich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond repute

Try also:

www.excessbaggage.com
www.excessinternational/com

They do door to door international via air/sea. We had best prices for shipping all household goods with them and have now booked them.

Rich.