Shipping Items

Old May 12th 2019, 5:36 pm
Just Joined

gavtodd is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Shipping Items

Whilst I'm aware of the form bsf186 to ship items to Canada when you first land, does anyone have experience shipping items after they have returned to Canada?

I was considering keeping my flat in London UK for a year - just in case it didn't work out with the new job etc. Would it still be possible to ship furniture etc, without having to pay import tax? Or is it a one time opportunity.

Thanks,
Old May 12th 2019, 5:40 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Shipping Items

Hi

Originally Posted by gavtodd
Whilst I'm aware of the form bsf186 to ship items to Canada when you first land, does anyone have experience shipping items after they have returned to Canada?

I was considering keeping my flat in London UK for a year - just in case it didn't work out with the new job etc. Would it still be possible to ship furniture etc, without having to pay import tax? Or is it a one time opportunity.

Thanks,
1/ Just list the stuff on a 186 as goods to follow, and you can import them at any time in the future after your "landing"

Old May 12th 2019, 5:42 pm
Just Joined

gavtodd is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

1/ Just list the stuff on a 186 as goods to follow, and you can import them at any time in the future after your "landing"
Ah, interesting.

Can your stuff also come over in multiple shipments? So if i wanted to ship a couple things with me now, could i send the rest later?

Thanks for the help,

Gavin
Old May 12th 2019, 5:48 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

...and, just to clarify, if you end up never importing the items, it doesn't matter.