Share timeline-----Family Class!

Old Aug 28th 2007, 4:51 pm
Forum Regular

budda has a brilliant futurebudda has a brilliant futurebudda has a brilliant futurebudda has a brilliant futurebudda has a brilliant futurebudda has a brilliant future
Default Re: Share timeline-----Family Class!

Andrew,

Drama till the end! Hope all goes well. Don’t envy the container stress etc. Not long now! Will be worth it in the end. How excited/nervous are you?

John
Old Aug 29th 2007, 5:23 am
Forum Regular

Location: In beautiful Wellington, Ontario, at last. Loving Canada and the amazing Indian summer
andrewmarre is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by budda
Andrew,

Drama till the end! Hope all goes well. Don’t envy the container stress etc. Not long now! Will be worth it in the end. How excited/nervous are you?

John
Well, the container was finally loaded around 2 and a half hours later than planned so we were late cleaning, saying goodbyes and getting to Edinburgh. But we had a lovely last meal at La Garrigue (highly recommended if you enjoy French food) and a pleasant if slightly sleepless night at the hotel. Now we are just repacking and getting ready to go and check in flor the great adventure. All things being equal, the next posting will be from Canada! Keep everything crossed for a smooth passage through immigration - I will report back on how it goes.

Andrew
Old Aug 29th 2007, 7:21 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: The Vancouver Suburbs... for the next few years anyway!
The TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud of

Good luck Andrew!

Originally Posted by andrewmarre
Well, the container was finally loaded around 2 and a half hours later than planned so we were late cleaning, saying goodbyes and getting to Edinburgh. But we had a lovely last meal at La Garrigue (highly recommended if you enjoy French food) and a pleasant if slightly sleepless night at the hotel. Now we are just repacking and getting ready to go and check in flor the great adventure. All things being equal, the next posting will be from Canada! Keep everything crossed for a smooth passage through immigration - I will report back on how it goes.

Andrew
Old Aug 30th 2007, 3:03 pm
Forum Regular

Location: In beautiful Wellington, Ontario, at last. Loving Canada and the amazing Indian summer

Originally Posted by The TWs
Good luck Andrew!
Well, here we are at last. The flight was excellent; we were even a little early. We got through the immigration bit in about 15 minutes and the customs in about the same time. One thing I learned, tahe two copies of the manifest of the goods you're shipping - we'd have been through in 10 minutes if we'd done that! But then we had to pick up the dog and by the time she had been through customs, including another vet's examination, it took about 3 hours and the poor thing must have decided she'd been abandoned for ever. Never mind, the reunion was pretty spectacular.

So here we are at our home in Wellington, kosher Canadians (well, permanent resident in my case) and getting round to unpacking...and with the container only 2 weeks away....

But we're here!!

Andrew

and good luck to everyone else
Old Aug 30th 2007, 3:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: The Vancouver Suburbs... for the next few years anyway!
The TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud of

Congrats Andrew - must feel wonderful after all this time!
Old Aug 30th 2007, 4:18 pm
Forum Regular

budda has a brilliant futurebudda has a brilliant futurebudda has a brilliant futurebudda has a brilliant futurebudda has a brilliant futurebudda has a brilliant future

Andrew,

Thats awesome. I hope that it all goes well. Molson and canadian fresh air will help the stress levels.

Congrats! and good luck

John
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 4:18 pm
Forum Regular

Angel2k6 is an unknown quantity at this point

Awesome to hear Andrew Glad everything went well.
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 7:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

emmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud of

Another step nearer.....we recieved medical requests on Friday and phoned around to get booked in but nothing doing till late october, then phoned last one on list today and she said had a cancellation for tomorrow.....so medicals being done tomorrow, was going to join weight watchers this thursday to get off a few pounds but too late now (no excuse though). Had blood presure monitor out today as i get white coat syndrom, but its a good hour and half drive so hopefully should calm down by then.
How do i put our time line below?
Old Sep 4th 2007, 4:17 am
Forum Regular

GRiM is an unknown quantity at this point

Well my partner got her PPR on August 20 and got it back on the 31st! She is extremely excited now about the move to Canada ...

Here is the updated timeline:

----------------AOR---------PPR----------Visa--------# of weeks(AOR-
GRiM----------20 Mar------20 Aug--------31 Aug-------22

Not a bad wait but well worth it, the problem was we didn't send the medical at the start and waited for them to tell her to get one. Advice from them, so we waited ... oh well. All sorted and we are happy as happy can be.

Next question, what does she have to do before she leaves the UK for Canada? Also how long will it take to get a SIN number so she can start looking for a job?

GRiM
Old Sep 4th 2007, 7:33 am
BE Forum Addict

newshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond repute

Well done Grim... I've started a new, shorter thread for timelines in 2007 as this one had gone slightly off course. I'll add your details there too.
Old Sep 8th 2007, 2:05 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by GRiM
Well my partner got her PPR on August 20 and got it back on the 31st! She is extremely excited now about the move to Canada ...

Here is the updated timeline:

----------------AOR---------PPR----------Visa--------# of weeks(AOR-
GRiM----------20 Mar------20 Aug--------31 Aug-------22

Not a bad wait but well worth it, the problem was we didn't send the medical at the start and waited for them to tell her to get one. Advice from them, so we waited ... oh well. All sorted and we are happy as happy can be.

Next question, what does she have to do before she leaves the UK for Canada? Also how long will it take to get a SIN number so she can start looking for a job?

GRiM
I just went into the local office and got my SIN number on the spot - took about 10 minutes.

cheers

Andrew
Old Sep 8th 2007, 4:53 pm
Forum Regular

GRiM is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by andrewmarre
I just went into the local office and got my SIN number on the spot - took about 10 minutes.

cheers

Andrew

What did you need to have at the airport and did you need anything special to get through immigration and the security checks etc.

Thanks

GRiM
Old Sep 8th 2007, 8:45 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by GRiM
What did you need to have at the airport and did you need anything special to get through immigration and the security checks etc.

Thanks

GRiM
We needed the visa, pasport and the list of the goods that were following. We also had proof of our financial status but no-one asked for it!

Andrew
Old Sep 9th 2007, 12:17 pm
Forum Regular

Good work on SIN number Andrew. I was the same. Really quick and very easy.

Have you applied to OHIP medical yet? How do you do it?

Cheers

John
Old Sep 9th 2007, 2:54 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by budda
Good work on SIN number Andrew. I was the same. Really quick and very easy.

Have you applied to OHIP medical yet? How do you do it?

Cheers

John
I have the form, but I'm not eligible for the first 3 months (have to have private insurance for that - and probably need it to supplement OHIP afterwards). I'll apply a little ahead of the deadline at the nearest OHIP office (about an hour and a half from here).

Andrew

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.