Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Shall we include son on application?

Shall we include son on application?

Old Apr 24th 2005, 7:21 pm
Forum Regular

claire600 is just really niceclaire600 is just really niceclaire600 is just really niceclaire600 is just really niceclaire600 is just really niceclaire600 is just really niceclaire600 is just really niceclaire600 is just really niceclaire600 is just really niceclaire600 is just really niceclaire600 is just really nice
Default Shall we include son on application?

Hi there,

My partner and I have purchased a house in Nova Scotia, we have family in the area and have recently decided to apply for PR.

My son who is 21 in November and does not live with us is toying with the idea of coming wih us for a 3 month visit this August. We are going to send off the appication before we leave and get the ball rolling. My son is not sure if he would like to join us or not when PR is obtained and I am tempted to include him ... he would like to be included on the form ... what are the implications if he decides not to join us when/if PR is given ... around 2007 sometime

Thank you in advance

Claire
Old Apr 24th 2005, 7:36 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Shall we include son on application?

He has to be included in the application, accompanying or not. If you include him as accompanying dependant now then his age will be locked-in (under 22) and he will get visa with you regardless what his age will be at the time visas are granted. If you include him as non-accompanying then the moment he turns 22 he is no longer your dependant (unless full time student since before turning 22).

So, it is only $150 now to include him as accompanying and let him decide later what to do, just don't take this chance away from him now. He may land with you and become a PR or he may decide not to land and let visa expire - no impact on your PR visas and status.

Originally Posted by claire600
Hi there,

My partner and I have purchased a house in Nova Scotia, we have family in the area and have recently decided to apply for PR.

My son who is 21 in November and does not live with us is toying with the idea of coming wih us for a 3 month visit this August. We are going to send off the appication before we leave and get the ball rolling. My son is not sure if he would like to join us or not when PR is obtained and I am tempted to include him ... he would like to be included on the form ... what are the implications if he decides not to join us when/if PR is given ... around 2007 sometime

Thank you in advance

Claire
Old Apr 24th 2005, 7:56 pm
Forum Regular

claire600 is just really niceclaire600 is just really niceclaire600 is just really niceclaire600 is just really niceclaire600 is just really niceclaire600 is just really niceclaire600 is just really niceclaire600 is just really niceclaire600 is just really niceclaire600 is just really niceclaire600 is just really nice
Talking Re: Shall we include son on application?

Thank you, that is excellent news. We will include him and fingers crossed he will join us on this adventure.

Thanks again

Claire
Old Apr 24th 2005, 8:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Maple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by claire600
Thank you, that is excellent news. We will include him and fingers crossed he will join us on this adventure.

Thanks again

Claire
Just wanted to say Good Luck with your application and also....yes isn't it a wonderful adventure...i hope your son enjoys the ride too *S*
Old Apr 24th 2005, 9:16 pm
Nova Scotian

BH PNP has a brilliant futureBH PNP has a brilliant futureBH PNP has a brilliant futureBH PNP has a brilliant futureBH PNP has a brilliant futureBH PNP has a brilliant futureBH PNP has a brilliant future

Hi Claire600

We just moved here from Sandhurst, Berkshire.

Where are you going in NS?
Old Apr 25th 2005, 8:54 am
Forum Regular

Hi there,

We are in Farnham at the moment, the house is in Windsor

small world