Settlement funds?

Old May 5th 2009, 10:26 am
Just Joined

amlangford is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Settlement funds?

Hi,

Finally received our PR for Canada after a 3 year application process and ready for the big OFF this July.

As per the norm, we had to prove that we have sufficient funds when we applied i.e. at least the minimum indicated on the CIC website. Question is though, when we land (at Vancouver ) and have our interview with immigration to finish the process off, do we have to physically have the money on us in some form.....or can we leave (most) of it in the bank in the UK .... this point is quite important with the exchange rate as it is (weak £)

advice appreciated

cheers,

Adrian
Old May 5th 2009, 10:32 am
BE Forum Addict

chumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Settlement funds?

[QUOTE=amlangford;7544253]Hi,

Finally received our PR for Canada after a 3 year application process and ready for the big OFF this July.

As per the norm, we had to prove that we have sufficient funds when we applied i.e. at least the minimum indicated on the CIC website. Question is though, when we land (at Vancouver ) and have our interview with immigration to finish the process off, do we have to physically have the money on us in some form.....or can we leave (most) of it in the bank in the UK .... this point is quite important with the exchange rate as it is (weak £)

advice appreciated

cheers,

99% you wont get asked but yes do have the dosh and an atm printout or online statement is fine and yes it can be in uk

also depends on where you land and who you are and luck of the drawer i suppose but our landing took 9 minutes and that included a quick gallop across a bridge to the usa absolutely not a single question asked about anything
sign here, you are in, welcome to canada- job done

certainly not anything resembling and interview?
Old May 5th 2009, 10:39 am
Just Joined

amlangford is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Settlement funds?

cheers for the prompt reply, which backs up what Ive just read on a few other threads ... no need to ask really! With the $1.8CDN to £ rate at the moment (was $2.2 on my last trip) this makes a HUGE difference if doing a large one off transfer, hence my queery! Thanks again, great to have the support of this forum for this very nerve racking move

bye for now