Separate Landing

Old Dec 8th 2004, 9:56 pm
Forum Regular

Subj is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Separate Landing

Hello everybody!

I was wondering if there would be any issues if me and my wife land before without our child and bring the child along on the second trip ?

The reason for asking is that I may have a job offer looming on the horizon and the child is currently with her grandparents outside the country for the winter break. I may end up having to travel for an interview rather soon, and as this would be my first entry into Canada since obtaining the immigration visas the landing procedure will apply. So we (me and my wife) were planning to land ourselves first, if approved for the job I would then come back to Canada and start working and my wife would bring the child into the country a couple of months after.

Could any of the experts comment if not having the child with us on the first trip may cause any implications later ?

Thanks very much in advance
Old Dec 8th 2004, 10:06 pm
Forum Regular

netkit is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Separate Landing

Originally Posted by Subj
Hello everybody!

I was wondering if there would be any issues if me and my wife land before without our child and bring the child along on the second trip ?
Could any of the experts comment if not having the child with us on the first trip may cause any implications later ?

Thanks very much in advance
there will be no problem if ur child lands latter. but check out the visa expiry date of ur child on his/her passport. child should land before expiry of visa.
Old Dec 9th 2004, 12:01 am
Forum Regular

Subj is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Separate Landing

Originally Posted by netkit
there will be no problem if ur child lands latter. but check out the visa expiry date of ur child on his/her passport. child should land before expiry of visa.
Thanks a lot for the reply, our visas are valid until September 2005, and we are planning to complete everything way before that.