Wikiposts

sent landing fee but no receipt

Old Aug 11th 2005, 6:42 am
Forum Regular

denmac37 is just really nicedenmac37 is just really nicedenmac37 is just really nicedenmac37 is just really nicedenmac37 is just really nicedenmac37 is just really nicedenmac37 is just really nicedenmac37 is just really nicedenmac37 is just really nicedenmac37 is just really nice
Smile sent landing fee but no receipt

hi all,
If only i had known that this terrific website had existed when i had applied it, would saved a lot of unnecessary worry about my application.we applied on 01/03/04 and naively thought we would be there by Xmas.sent a fax 05/03/04 got aor 22/05/04 but they did spell my name wrong.Did not realize that the timeline was on the back 18 mths (naive).as time went on more and more frustrated (the CHC does not answer fax's)got that fed up i sent our landing fee by recorded post to prompt a reply. obviously someone has signed for it but yet no receipt .i am just wondering if anyone has done the same (and my hard earned dollars are o.k ) although i don't think the CHC are going to fleece me. any replies appreciated and reading peoples experience's have given me that light at the end of the tunnel, hopefully by Nov/DEC we might hear! fingers crossed.
Den.
Old Aug 13th 2005, 3:54 am
Forum Regular

Canredy is a name known to allCanredy is a name known to allCanredy is a name known to allCanredy is a name known to allCanredy is a name known to allCanredy is a name known to allCanredy is a name known to allCanredy is a name known to allCanredy is a name known to allCanredy is a name known to allCanredy is a name known to all
Default Re: sent landing fee but no receipt

I did not receive a receipt for my landing fees until I received the request to send in my passport to have the visa issued. This was several months after I sent the fees in along with my additional documents (all after receiving Initial Assessment--interview waived).

I sent the landing fees after I received the request to do my medicals and submit additional documentation.

In your case, it doesn't sound like you have gotten your initial assessment or been asked to do medicals. All you have done is loaned your money to the Canadians in advance of knowing whether your application is proceeding along normally or not.

Best of luck to you, regardless.
Old Aug 13th 2005, 9:34 am
Here and happy at last

gooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant future

You dont get a receipt for anything I'm afraid. The cheque is only valid for 3 months, believe me they would have cashed it, if you sent it registered and it has been signed for then you can be assured it will have been cashed. They will not leave it lying around for three months. you can check with your bank if you need to know. They do say NOT to contact them, unless it is essential, and that this can delay processing not speed it up. Minimum you should contact is 18 months after AOR, and then only if you feel it is really important.
On the website I think it says processing is currently taking minimum of 2 years. If all applicants sent a fax chasing application, at 100 applicants a day their fax would be red hot!! It is a long process but you are at least further ahead than todays applicants who have a 2-3 year wait to hear anything if lucky!

QUOTE=denmac37]hi all,
If only i had known that this terrific website had existed when i had applied it, would saved a lot of unnecessary worry about my application.we applied on 01/03/04 and naively thought we would be there by Xmas.sent a fax 05/03/04 got aor 22/05/04 but they did spell my name wrong.Did not realize that the timeline was on the back 18 mths (naive).as time went on more and more frustrated (the CHC does not answer fax's)got that fed up i sent our landing fee by recorded post to prompt a reply. obviously someone has signed for it but yet no receipt .i am just wondering if anyone has done the same (and my hard earned dollars are o.k ) although i don't think the CHC are going to fleece me. any replies appreciated and reading peoples experience's have given me that light at the end of the tunnel, hopefully by Nov/DEC we might hear! fingers crossed.
Den.[/QUOTE]
Old Aug 13th 2005, 2:13 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gooding
You dont get a receipt for anything I'm afraid. The cheque is only valid for 3 months, believe me they would have cashed it, if you sent it registered and it has been signed for then you can be assured it will have been cashed. They will not leave it lying around for three months. you can check with your bank if you need to know. They do say NOT to contact them, unless it is essential, and that this can delay processing not speed it up. Minimum you should contact is 18 months after AOR, and then only if you feel it is really important.
On the website I think it says processing is currently taking minimum of 2 years. If all applicants sent a fax chasing application, at 100 applicants a day their fax would be red hot!! It is a long process but you are at least further ahead than todays applicants who have a 2-3 year wait to hear anything if lucky!

QUOTE=denmac37]hi all,
Den.
[/QUOTE]

Banker's drafts do not expire. And RPRF receipts are usually sent but they will wait until they have something else to send.
Old Aug 13th 2005, 8:03 pm
Here and happy at last

gooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant future

My bank and I know others have been told that the draft that has to be paid to "The Receiver General of Canada" cannot be cashed after 3 months. Recently someone had to get a new draft issued as they did not send the draft off straight away. By the time it was received it was too late, so they had to pay for another one.
All cheques have to be cashed within a certain length of time. My bank stated within 3 months of issue. I have just been sent a cheque that states it must be cashed within 3 months from BT. So unless things have changed recently that is what I have been lead to believe by my bank!

Banker's drafts do not expire. And RPRF receipts are usually sent but they will wait until they have something else to send.[/QUOTE]
Old Aug 13th 2005, 11:53 pm
Forum Regular

denmac37 is just really nicedenmac37 is just really nicedenmac37 is just really nicedenmac37 is just really nicedenmac37 is just really nicedenmac37 is just really nicedenmac37 is just really nicedenmac37 is just really nicedenmac37 is just really nicedenmac37 is just really nice
Red face Re: sent landing fee but no receipt

thanks for the replies,
what i read into them are that i should not be too concerned about the cheque .we did ask the bank and they said 6 mths expiry.i hope i hear earlier than 2-3 years though.if march 04 aor are being asked to go for medicals i would hope ours may 04 to hear by the end of the year.
on another note when we put our file number in the eclient status on the CIC website it does not recognise us. is this a similar case with anyone else.
(the message we get is that there are 3 reasons and one is that our application is not being processed).i only ask this question as some people seem to be getting " in process "message for ages.
Den
Old Aug 14th 2005, 1:07 am
Here and happy at last

We got in process almost straight away. It could be that you have not put in details correctly, may be just a spelling mistake, using capitals in
stead of lower case anything really? They could have input something wrong their end.
To be honest you stay "in process" for ever even when you get sent medicals it can say the same. The only thing we felt was that saying "in process" was at least our way of knowing they had the application and had entered details on web so we new it was recognised, however you have and AOR number and that is really your receipt for application. All you can do is sit back and wait. Like you said march AOR's are getting medicals, even though there are some Jan/ feb that have not. Up until January they seemed to be working on a 15 month turn around. Then all went quiet until a few weeks ago. Now it seems to be minimum 18 months to hear for medicals.
We were told 18 which is Sept 12th so we are now 17 months into it. we would love to have visas by Christmas, but will not hold our breath.
last few months are worse,but time has really flown by when we look back at hiw much we have done in the time.

what i read into them are that i should not be too concerned about the cheque .we did ask the bank and they said 6 mths expiry.i hope i hear earlier than 2-3 years though.if march 04 aor are being asked to go for medicals i would hope ours may 04 to hear by the end of the year.
on another note when we put our file number in the eclient status on the CIC website it does not recognise us. is this a similar case with anyone else.
(the message we get is that there are 3 reasons and one is that our application is not being processed).i only ask this question as some people seem to be getting " in process "message for ages.
Den[/QUOTE]