Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

sent of common law application,what now ?

Wikiposts

sent of common law application,what now ?

Old Nov 11th 2009, 7:06 am
Forum Regular

craig25 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default sent of common law application,what now ?

Hi i sent my outland sponsorship application off and they received it on the oct 27th,i am staying in canada until christmas then going back to england to wait for the out come,i have heard nothing of cic that they have received it or anything,is this normal ?,when should i expect to hear a response ?
Old Nov 11th 2009, 7:29 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: sent of common law application,what now ?

Hi

Originally Posted by craig25
Hi i sent my outland sponsorship application off and they received it on the oct 27th,i am staying in canada until christmas then going back to england to wait for the out come,i have heard nothing of cic that they have received it or anything,is this normal ?,when should i expect to hear a response ?
The sponsor will receive an approval/refusal letter in about 30 days after the sponsorship and application is received in Mississauga. Then the application will be forward to London for processing, about 2-8 months for 80% of the cases. You may or may not receive an AOR (Acknowledgment of Receipt) from London, they aren't consistent.
Old Nov 11th 2009, 8:00 am
Forum Regular

pip_is_fab is just really nicepip_is_fab is just really nicepip_is_fab is just really nicepip_is_fab is just really nicepip_is_fab is just really nicepip_is_fab is just really nicepip_is_fab is just really nicepip_is_fab is just really nicepip_is_fab is just really nice

My time line is below, i too was sponsored as common law partner, just waiting for my passport back now.
We received no acknowledgement, until sponsor, my boyfriend received letter in post to say he had been approved to sponsor me and that they had passed the file to London. At this point a file ref number was included on the letter, so we could track our file on CIC website. I didnt hear anything from them until i got the passport request by email.
I can well understand how frustrating it is, I just wanted to know that it had been received safely, first at Missugua (?) and then in London.
Good luck with your application.
Old Nov 11th 2009, 8:02 am
Forum Regular

craig25 is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks for the reply,another question is i applied for a twp before my bunac expired so i can keep working,i applied with out an lmo just so i can work for a few extra months until the twp gets rejected,upon rejection will the cic want me to leave straight away so they can carry on with the sponsor application ?,i heard somewhere if you get a letter telling you to leave canada your sponsorship application can not go ahead,,will they send me a letter saying to leave canada or will they give me a choice to restore my status ?,since i have sent everything off i just think of little things that could go wrong.

Last edited by craig25; Nov 11th 2009 at 8:06 am.