British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration & Citizenship (Canada) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/)
-   -   sent application for entrepreneur route today.... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/sent-application-entrepreneur-route-today-631250/)

Strawberry Sep 17th 2009 11:46 am

sent application for entrepreneur route today....

Now we have about a 3-5 year wait ..... heyho, at least we can get lots of visits in and do lots of research and get a cracking business plan together..:D

I am just chuffed that for the last year of umming and aahhhing, we have finally just gone for it....:thumbup:

linz3112 Sep 17th 2009 12:11 pm

Re: sent application for entrepreneur route today....

Brilliant!! Good on ya!
Hope everything goes well and quicker than 3-5 years!
:thumbsup:

el_richo Sep 17th 2009 12:20 pm

Good luck with the process, Strawberry :D

Strawberry Sep 17th 2009 3:10 pm

Thanks all, 3 years would be great, we are :fingerscrossed: that it won't be 5!!!.

Just need a buyer for our business now...;)

:thumbsup:

Martin99 Sep 17th 2009 5:26 pm

Originally Posted by Strawberry (Post 7939066)
Now we have about a 3-5 year wait ..... heyho, at least we can get lots of visits in and do lots of research and get a cracking business plan together..:D

I am just chuffed that for the last year of umming and aahhhing, we have finally just gone for it....:thumbup:

Good luck.

It is difficult for entrepreneurs to do the patient waiting thing!!

Cheers

Martin

InnMaine Sep 24th 2009 3:32 pm

Hi Strawberry,
Good luck in your application! We applied for Federal Entrepreneur Visa in November 2008 through Buffalo. ( We are from the UK, living in USA, on an Entrepreneur Visa here ) We received a file number about 6 weeks later. We were called for interview in May (7 months after application was filed)...and received paperwork for medicals yesterday!...so less than a year. We were expecting at least 2 years wait. CIC web site states 2- 5 years processing time for applications filed through Buffalo. So maybe we were just lucky, to get this far so quickly, I dont know, but here's hoping your wait won't be as long as you think!

christmasoompa Sep 24th 2009 3:43 pm

Best of luck with it all. :)

Bali2010 Sep 24th 2009 11:23 pm

Wishing you patience & good luck.:fingerscrossed:

Was hoping to send off my FSW this weekend but am waiting for some info, so will be after my hols.

Strawberry Sep 25th 2009 8:53 am

Thank you all again for your good wishes. :thumbsup:

Mel

buzzz Apr 17th 2010 3:02 pm

How's your application going Strawberry? We are thinking of going this route so would be interested to hear. :)

raymasa Apr 17th 2010 10:03 pm

Wishing you all the best.

Ray

Lubs64 Apr 18th 2010 6:51 pm

Good luck with you application, I have applied for Federal Entrepreneur Visa, got my AOR in July 2009. So I would be interested to hear how you get on.

Strawberry Apr 19th 2010 8:54 am

Originally Posted by buzzz (Post 8503224)
How's your application going Strawberry? We are thinking of going this route so would be interested to hear. :)

Ooooh nothing yet, don't expect to hear for at least 2 years...! - processing time seems to average 42 months!