Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

seniors please share your opinions

Wikiposts

seniors please share your opinions

Old Nov 17th 2010, 6:55 pm
Just Joined

cancan7 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default seniors please share your opinions

Hi,
After the update of my documents in about 6 months I sent an email to the embassy asking about the status of my file and they responded that (background checks are ongoing). Now I finshed doing my medicals, do you think that they will do another background and security check. Do you think that I just finished this stage or they might not have finished it yet?
Regards,
Old Nov 18th 2010, 6:35 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: seniors please share your opinions

Hi

Originally Posted by cancan7
Hi,
After the update of my documents in about 6 months I sent an email to the embassy asking about the status of my file and they responded that (background checks are ongoing). Now I finshed doing my medicals, do you think that they will do another background and security check. Do you think that I just finished this stage or they might not have finished it yet?
Regards,
No, they have finished or nearly finished the background checks or they wouldn't have issued the medicals. So now you wait for the PPR.
Old Nov 18th 2010, 7:20 am
Just Joined

cancan7 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you PMM, but then why are they late in asking for our passports? It's been about 3 months now since we finished our meds.
Old Nov 18th 2010, 7:44 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cancan7
Thank you PMM, but then why are they late in asking for our passports? It's been about 3 months now since we finished our meds.
As you've been told on previous threads, 3 months is not a long time. Many forum members have waited 8, 9 or even 10 months after medicals to receive their passport requests.

As my mother always says, patience is a virtue!