British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration & Citizenship (Canada) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/)
-   -   sending passport out of India (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/sending-passport-out-india-115477/)

elfintrot Nov 2nd 2002 4:08 pm

sending passport out of India

I understand that you cannot send Indian passport out of India, however I was wondering if there is any restrictions for foreigners wishing to send their passport out of India...to get the Canadian visa
regards

bighead Nov 3rd 2002 3:07 am

Re: sending passport out of India

same restriction applies...

the restriction is not one of the ministry of external affairs, but that of central excise and customs... passports and identity documents are on the customs list of restricted items not allowed to be sent unaccompanied across the border..

Originally posted by elfintrot
I understand that you cannot send Indian passport out of India, however I was wondering if there is any restrictions for foreigners wishing to send their passport out of India...to get the Canadian visa
regards

REM Nov 3rd 2002 8:38 am

are you saying its only within India this rule applies?

Originally posted by bighead
same restriction applies...

the restriction is not one of the ministry of external affairs, but that of central excise and customs... passports and identity documents are on the customs list of restricted items not allowed to be sent unaccompanied across the border..

bighead Nov 3rd 2002 3:37 pm

to and from india yes... if you are in the us for instance, but hold an indian passport, then you can send it to another country that does not restrict passports, such as canada or the uk...

you are not allowed to send any identity document (regardless of what country issued it) across the borders of india (and a lot of other south asian countries) unaccompanied...

other countries allow you to send these documents across their borders provided they are for a reasonable purpose that requires the use of the original document (such as sending to an embassy to issue a visa)...

Originally posted by REM
are you saying its only within India this rule applies?

REM Nov 3rd 2002 5:21 pm

Do they (CIC Buff) know about the restrictions in asian countries abt sending out passports to them? Or they just dont give a F%$* !! abt it.

Originally posted by bighead
to and from india yes... if you are in the us for instance, but hold an indian passport, then you can send it to another country that does not restrict passports, such as canada or the uk...

you are not allowed to send any identity document (regardless of what country issued it) across the borders of india (and a lot of other south asian countries) unaccompanied...

other countries allow you to send these documents across their borders provided they are for a reasonable purpose that requires the use of the original document (such as sending to an embassy to issue a visa)...

SALI Nov 3rd 2002 9:02 pm

"Do they (CIC Buff) know about the restrictions in asian countries abt sending out passports to them? Or they just dont give a F%$* !! abt it."

I think its the latter, REM. They try to make it as difficult as they can at every stage for the applicant. Probably because they think it would ensure survival of the fittest for them.

REM Nov 3rd 2002 9:15 pm

weird , its weird how they make up regulation and rules completely oblivious to the facts of real life around the world. You would assume they had a brain.

I mean "survival of the fittest" what exactly do they (CIC) want.. a bunch of wild animals or some decent civilized people to immigrate to Canada ???

Originally posted by SALI
"Do they (CIC Buff) know about the restrictions in asian countries abt sending out passports to them? Or they just dont give a F%$* !! abt it."

I think its the latter, REM. They try to make it as difficult as they can at every stage for the applicant. Probably because they think it would ensure survival of the fittest for them.

SALI Nov 3rd 2002 9:39 pm

As you said in the other thread REM, all they care about is $$$. Then if they are getting wild animals with "desired skills", who cares?
I even fail to realize why one cannot even get the passport stamped at a different CIC visa post.

REM Nov 3rd 2002 9:42 pm

yeah , I guess the CIC posts themselves dont trust each other !!

Originally posted by SALI
As you said in the other thread REM, all they care about is $$$. Then if they are getting wild animals with "desired skills", who cares?
I even fail to realize why one cannot even get the passport stamped at a different CIC visa post.

SALI Nov 3rd 2002 9:48 pm

"yeah , I guess the CIC posts themselves dont trust each other !! "
Either that or no 2 CIC visa post is linked so as to be able to share information.