Sending passport to london

Old Apr 10th 2008, 7:12 am
Just Joined

topperhb is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Sending passport to london

Hi there,

We have had the request for spouses passport to be sent to London, do I need to include postage on the return envelope or does the embassy pay for the return postage?

Cheers
Old Apr 10th 2008, 8:45 am
The /wortley`s

The Wortley`s has a brilliant futureThe Wortley`s has a brilliant futureThe Wortley`s has a brilliant futureThe Wortley`s has a brilliant futureThe Wortley`s has a brilliant futureThe Wortley`s has a brilliant futureThe Wortley`s has a brilliant future
Default Re: Sending passport to london

Originally Posted by topperhb
Hi there,

We have had the request for spouses passport to be sent to London, do I need to include postage on the return envelope or does the embassy pay for the return postage?

Cheers
Hi, I have sent our passports off today and was thinking exactly the same thing, I read the letter form the CHC over & over again and it definately said
SELF ADDRESSED ENVELOPE nothing about the postage.
Old Apr 10th 2008, 9:07 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Vancouver, BC (originally from Huddersfield, W. Yorkshire)
adele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Wortley`s
Hi, I have sent our passports off today and was thinking exactly the same thing, I read the letter form the CHC over & over again and it definately said
SELF ADDRESSED ENVELOPE nothing about the postage.
Ditto to everything The Wortley's said, nothing mentioned about postage so mine went today with self addressed envelope, no postage.

Adele
Old Apr 21st 2008, 6:18 am
Just Joined

topperhb is an unknown quantity at this point

Here is the answer folks...

Hi. You do not need to put in the postage as it is covered as part of your fees. Some people choose to use a Fedex return deal though. They don't like the idea of their papers being sent through regular mail.

All I know is that we filled an envelope out with our address, and included it. That was all. A few weeks later we had all our passports & paperwork back in Canada.
Old Apr 21st 2008, 6:28 am

bazzz is an unknown quantity at this point

It'll get sent back by a registered delivery service, so it's probably about safe as these things can be. They have very specific requirements for FedEx waybills, but no-one seems to know what they are.