sending passport away

Old Jan 20th 2009, 12:58 am
Forum Regular

mrs hortons has a reputation beyond reputemrs hortons has a reputation beyond reputemrs hortons has a reputation beyond reputemrs hortons has a reputation beyond reputemrs hortons has a reputation beyond reputemrs hortons has a reputation beyond reputemrs hortons has a reputation beyond reputemrs hortons has a reputation beyond reputemrs hortons has a reputation beyond reputemrs hortons has a reputation beyond reputemrs hortons has a reputation beyond repute
Default sending passport away

Hi just would like to get some feedback on whether anyone thinks its better to send my passport via mail or pop into London personally and drop it off. Which do you think will have a faster turn around?? Thanks
Old Jan 20th 2009, 6:18 am
Logical & Hot Stuff

FlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: sending passport away

Originally Posted by mrs hortons
Hi just would like to get some feedback on whether anyone thinks its better to send my passport via mail or pop into London personally and drop it off. Which do you think will have a faster turn around?? Thanks
If you live in London or can get there easy then drop them off, they'll be ready for collection 2 weeks later....if you post them you could be waiting a bit longer. We got ours back in the post 17 days later but some have been waiting 5 weeks or longer
Old Jan 20th 2009, 7:13 am
Just Joined

crakajacksunny has a brilliant futurecrakajacksunny has a brilliant futurecrakajacksunny has a brilliant futurecrakajacksunny has a brilliant futurecrakajacksunny has a brilliant futurecrakajacksunny has a brilliant futurecrakajacksunny has a brilliant future

Hi,
I would recommend dropping off your passports if you live near enough. We live in Nottingham and drove down to Stanmore Tube station which took 2 hours and then got the tube to Bond Street(30 mins), & walked around the corner to the Embassy. Very easy journey & parking. We expected there to be an enormous queue but people began queueing at about 1pm to be allowed in between 2 and 3, and there were only about 20 people in the queue. Simple service, dropped off passports, photos & checklist and given a raffle ticket(!) to return 2 weeks later. We go to collect them a week on Thursday. The officer did say as long as you had joined the queue before 3 pm they would see you even if the queue was long.

Hope this helps! Good luck!
Old Jan 20th 2009, 8:44 am
Forum Regular

mrs hortons has a reputation beyond reputemrs hortons has a reputation beyond reputemrs hortons has a reputation beyond reputemrs hortons has a reputation beyond reputemrs hortons has a reputation beyond reputemrs hortons has a reputation beyond reputemrs hortons has a reputation beyond reputemrs hortons has a reputation beyond reputemrs hortons has a reputation beyond reputemrs hortons has a reputation beyond reputemrs hortons has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for your input, I live 30min by train to London so I think I will drop it off. I need to check opening times of the service as I read somewhere it can change, but I can`t find the info online! Do you know a link for that info by any chance? Many THanks again
Old Jan 20th 2009, 8:57 am
Just Joined

crakajacksunny has a brilliant futurecrakajacksunny has a brilliant futurecrakajacksunny has a brilliant futurecrakajacksunny has a brilliant futurecrakajacksunny has a brilliant futurecrakajacksunny has a brilliant futurecrakajacksunny has a brilliant future

Hi,
We couldn't find a link either but we checked the Canadian Embassy London website and it just said that the drop off service was available between 2pm and 3pm on any Thursday (but not public holidays). Hope this helps!
Old Jan 20th 2009, 9:15 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by crakajacksunny
Hi,
We couldn't find a link either but we checked the Canadian Embassy London website and it just said that the drop off service was available between 2pm and 3pm on any Thursday (but not public holidays). Hope this helps!
Thanks so much. After hours of me searching the net to try and find where I read it, it was on my letter from the embassy all along!!! Doh! I will pop there tomorrow, thanks again.
Old Jan 20th 2009, 9:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

z030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to behold

Thanks so much. After hours of me searching the net to try and find where I read it, it was on my letter from the embassy all along!!! Doh! I will pop there tomorrow, thanks again.
lol excitement does that! Good Luck!
Old Jan 20th 2009, 10:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck with the passports,