Sending of goods before landing

Old Apr 24th 2005, 5:13 am
MNS
Just Joined

MNS is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Sending of goods before landing

Hi,

Once the COPR is received and the PR Visa is Stamped in Canadian Embassy at Riyadh, can the goods be sent by cargo from Saudi Arabia to my nephew's home in Toronto before our landing in Canada.

I am planning a short vacation in India prior to immigrating to Canada. I want to avoid taking the goods to India and then sending these goods once again to Canada from India. Please throw some light on this issue.

MNS
Old Apr 24th 2005, 5:24 am
Forum Regular

zider is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Sending of goods before landing

Air cargo or sea?? Makes a big difference in arrival time. By which you may or may not be a PR.

If sea, by container, then it may take 6-10 weeks to arrive by which time you may be landed indigent already and therefore can be claimed as Goods to Follow, i.e tax and duty free.

If your kit arrives before you are PR then probably it is taxable, but I am no expert.
Old Apr 24th 2005, 6:15 am
Lotus-eater

Rich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond repute

Apparently shippers need an address before they can send (well they told us that), and they told us u need to be in country before they can send it ? Not sure about that one, as I'd think that if you have an address (friend/relative) with your PR and copy of all documentation and ID, you could ship it, providing you have goods to follow/customers forms completed?

Hmmmm... complex isn't it ?

Rich.
Old Apr 24th 2005, 7:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

KennyJosie is a name known to allKennyJosie is a name known to allKennyJosie is a name known to allKennyJosie is a name known to allKennyJosie is a name known to allKennyJosie is a name known to allKennyJosie is a name known to allKennyJosie is a name known to allKennyJosie is a name known to allKennyJosie is a name known to allKennyJosie is a name known to all

My Shipping Company said the same as Rich's.
We could not send the goods that we have in storage until we were on Canadian soil (so to speak).
Wewere going to store @ relatives, but this is not allowed apparently!
HTH,
Kenny
Old Apr 25th 2005, 12:15 am
Lotus-eater

Rich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond repute

Our shippers offered 1 month FOC storage in the UK, which is about the norm we but can negotiate up I reckon.

Rich.
Old Apr 25th 2005, 6:01 pm
Forum Regular

zider is an unknown quantity at this point

...being fed a line there..try FreightServices Intnl they shipped my container before I left and it was fine.
Old Apr 25th 2005, 8:46 pm
Forum Regular

pak2 will become famous soon enoughpak2 will become famous soon enough
Cool Re: Sending of goods before landing

Originally Posted by zider
...being fed a line there..try FreightServices Intnl they shipped my container before I left and it was fine.
I agree. All of the shipping companies I have spoken with made it clear that I had to be in country to receive the goods but that they could be shipped before as long as I got there first! They were happy with seeing an airline ticket as proof.

Phil