Sending a CEC application now

Old Nov 26th 2014, 5:56 am
Forum Regular

acrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond repute
Default Sending a CEC application now

Hey guys,

I just made my application and I am sending it off tonight, I paid the certified check and as far as I can tell everything is good and ready to go.

However I am concerned that I am too late. With express entry launching in January.

Will I be OK? Is it worth sending it off, or should I wait?

I have 18 months experience as a technician in a 2282 position.

Please let me know your thoughts.

**EDIT
As a side note, will I even be eligible for Express Entry? I am on my second IEC which expires in July, the original plan was to go CEC and get a bridge permit between July and when my PR comes in. I'm not sure if Express Entry blows all that out of the water

Thanks!

Last edited by acrylicus; Nov 26th 2014 at 6:13 am. Reason: Added more
Old Nov 26th 2014, 8:05 am
BE Enthusiast

foreigngirl has a reputation beyond reputeforeigngirl has a reputation beyond reputeforeigngirl has a reputation beyond reputeforeigngirl has a reputation beyond reputeforeigngirl has a reputation beyond reputeforeigngirl has a reputation beyond reputeforeigngirl has a reputation beyond reputeforeigngirl has a reputation beyond reputeforeigngirl has a reputation beyond reputeforeigngirl has a reputation beyond reputeforeigngirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sending a CEC application now

Send it. We're also sending ours any day now.

As a side question: why is everyone paying by cheque? Credit card is another option, right?
Old Nov 26th 2014, 8:07 am
Forum Regular

acrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by foreigngirl
Send it. We're also sending ours any day now.

As a side question: why is everyone paying by cheque? Credit card is another option, right?
Thanks! Some faith has been restored.

I am paying by cheque as Canada refuses to give me a credit card while on a TWP.
Old Nov 29th 2014, 3:30 am
Just Joined

tejal is an unknown quantity at this point

Sending PR application as well, I live in Toronto which immigration office do i need to put on the form.
Old Nov 29th 2014, 3:38 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tejal
Sending PR application as well, I live in Toronto which immigration office do i need to put on the form.
Sorry, but we can't answer that, we've no idea what nationality you are or what your status in Canada is. You need to look at the CIC website and find the answer yourself, just Google 'CIC which visa office' and it should take you to the right page.

As an aside, if you have questions please start your own thread rather than bumping somebody else's, thx.
Old Nov 29th 2014, 3:46 am
Just Joined

Point taken, thanks.

As an aside, this is a british expats forum, so my nationality is British.
Old Nov 29th 2014, 9:40 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Point taken, thanks.

As an aside, this is a british expats forum, so my nationality is British.
We don't stop non Brits joining in the forums, they're open to everyone and probably 25% of posters aren't Brits.

HTH.
Old Nov 29th 2014, 3:50 pm
Forum Regular

TheAwesomeMatt has a reputation beyond reputeTheAwesomeMatt has a reputation beyond reputeTheAwesomeMatt has a reputation beyond reputeTheAwesomeMatt has a reputation beyond reputeTheAwesomeMatt has a reputation beyond reputeTheAwesomeMatt has a reputation beyond reputeTheAwesomeMatt has a reputation beyond reputeTheAwesomeMatt has a reputation beyond reputeTheAwesomeMatt has a reputation beyond reputeTheAwesomeMatt has a reputation beyond reputeTheAwesomeMatt has a reputation beyond repute

If you're filing a CEC application it's CPC Ottawa, as that's where all CEC applications are processed. I left mine blank and it was sent there anyway.
Old Dec 2nd 2014, 2:46 am
Just Joined

Thank you AwesomeMatt, that was very useful. Glad to see that someone is ready to hel p fellow brits. Awesome to the t.
Old Dec 2nd 2014, 2:58 am
Forum Regular

I sent off the application, just waiting for the AOR. Hopefully it comes before 2015, or I start panicking.
Old Dec 2nd 2014, 3:19 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by acrylicus
I sent off the application, just waiting for the AOR. Hopefully it comes before 2015, or I start panicking.
If you only sent it off a week or so ago, then it's incredibly unlikely that you'll have an AOR before the end of the year. Figure about February going on current timescales, it's usually about 8-12 weeks.

HTH.
Old Dec 2nd 2014, 3:40 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
If you only sent it off a week or so ago, then it's incredibly unlikely that you'll have an AOR before the end of the year. Figure about February going on current timescales, it's usually about 8-12 weeks.

HTH.
Does this mean that I am too late for the current CEC system? Did I waste my time sending it off?
Old Dec 2nd 2014, 3:44 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by acrylicus
Does this mean that I am too late for the current CEC system? Did I waste my time sending it off?
No, not at all. You are processed according to the rules in place at the time of receipt, it's nothing to do with the date on your AOR.

HTH.
Old Dec 2nd 2014, 3:46 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
No, not at all. You are processed according to the rules in place at the time of receipt, it's nothing to do with the date on your AOR.

HTH.
Excellent! I can see via Fedex it has been received, so, assuming everything is correct, I should be on track for getting my PR via CEC. Right?

Thanks Christmasoompa
Old Dec 2nd 2014, 3:49 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Glad to see that someone is ready to hel p fellow brits.
Absolutely, this forum is awesome. Always lots of people ready to help, as you'll have discovered from my post pointing you in the right direction to find out the answer to your general question, and AwesomeMatt's post pointing you in the direction of the answer if you are applying via CEC.

As you'll no doubt have gathered by now, so much depends on the visa route you are applying under, so if it is CEC, or FSW, or PNP etc, it's always helpful to mention it when asking a question. That way, you give good info and get good info in return!

HTH.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.