Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Send off TWP application before LMO received?

Send off TWP application before LMO received?

Old Sep 1st 2010, 8:06 pm
Forum Regular

stacey.cook1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Send off TWP application before LMO received?

Hi Guys,

Does anyone know if you can submit your TWP application before you get the LMO response? Our Visas are due to Expire November 24th and getting worried we won't get decision in time.

If that is the case we could just fax through the LMO code once it is received and may help speed up the process for the TWP visa as we want to return to UK for short holiday and time is ticking!

Thanks!
Old Sep 1st 2010, 9:35 pm
Forum Regular

mikey_c_9 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Send off TWP application before LMO received?

Originally Posted by stacey.cook1
Hi Guys,

Does anyone know if you can submit your TWP application before you get the LMO response? Our Visas are due to Expire November 24th and getting worried we won't get decision in time.

If that is the case we could just fax through the LMO code once it is received and may help speed up the process for the TWP visa as we want to return to UK for short holiday and time is ticking!

Thanks!
If you recieve a positive LMO before your flight to the UK and you have all the paperwork (Job Offer, Contract, LMO, Police Checks, etc..) then I am pretty sure you can get your TWP at the point of entry when you return to Canada.

Someone will have to confirm this though, as I'm not 100% sure.

Can someone also confirm if her spouse would be able to get the Open visa at the same time during point of entry? And is there an additional fee on top of the $150 TWP fee?
Old Sep 1st 2010, 9:49 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Hi Guys,

Thanks!
There is no longer concurrent processing of work permits in NOC A,B or O without the LMO. So you need the LMO to apply. http://www.cic.gc.ca/English/work/pr...#tphp%20idtphp
Old Sep 1st 2010, 9:53 pm
Forum Regular

stacey.cook1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

There is no longer concurrent processing of work permits in NOC A,B or O without the LMO. So you need the LMO to apply. http://www.cic.gc.ca/English/work/pr...#tphp%20idtphp
OK thanks PMM

would it be easier to apply for the TWP at POE? once we have the LMO in writing. We have the rest of the docs needed. Officialy we would still have 1 month left on our open visa though when we re-enter Canada, will that make a difference with regards to the TWP application at POE?
Old Sep 1st 2010, 9:55 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

OK thanks PMM

would it be easier to apply for the TWP at POE? once we have the LMO in writing. We have the rest of the docs needed. Officialy we would still have 1 month left on our open visa though when we re-enter Canada, will that make a difference with regards to the TWP application at POE?
Makes no difference. If you have an approved LMO then apply on entry. Quicker that sending it to Vegreville.
Old Sep 1st 2010, 10:03 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

Makes no difference. If you have an approved LMO then apply on entry. Quicker that sending it to Vegreville.
How about the spouse's open visa at POE?

Is it issued along with the TWP at POE? And does it cost extra?

Thanks
Old Sep 1st 2010, 11:03 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hi

Originally Posted by mikey_c_9
How about the spouse's open visa at POE?

Is it issued along with the TWP at POE? And does it cost extra?

Thanks
1. Yes if the job is NOC A,B or O for the principal and it costs $150.00
Old Sep 1st 2010, 11:21 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

1. Yes if the job is NOC A,B or O for the principal and it costs $150.00
Thanks so much for clarifying this, really!!

With such a small window before we fly back for a week we have been stressed, to say the least, as there is a chance we may have to change our flights.

Fingers crossed the LMO comes back before our flight!!! Otherwise it's mo' money AGAIN
Old Sep 2nd 2010, 4:06 am
Just Joined

Banffitti is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

I am in a similar situation only not much time left. My employer told me they wanna apply for the LMO and the Work Permit at the same time.
Now I am worried that that doesn't work anymore. I have only 13 days left on my work permit now because the first LMO got refused. I am in a NOC C occupation.

Cheers,
Banffitti