Wikiposts

Send a copy of my old passport?

Old Jul 3rd 2010, 7:35 pm
Forum Regular

hnagy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Send a copy of my old passport?

I want to apply for Quebec,
Do i have to send a copy of my expired passport along my new one too? or just the new passport copies?
Old Jul 3rd 2010, 8:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

crazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nice
Default Re: Send a copy of my old passport?

Originally Posted by hnagy
I want to apply for Quebec,
Do i have to send a copy of my expired passport along my new one too? or just the new passport copies?
Only the valid one.

What is your reason for applying to Quebec? Do you speak French? Without fluent (or close to fluent) French you have no chance with Quebec as skilled worker. What about your occupation and training - on the Quebec priority list? Do you have enough points? Arranged employment in Quebec?

Not as easy as everyone thinks. Especially now when federal rules got tougher Quebec is getting flooded with skilled workers applications. Processing times before federal change went already from under 12 months to well over a year. Now they will go through the roof.

Applicants from French speaking countries have it easier and get priority treatment in skilled workers category in Quebec. The rest gets refused at a huge rate or waits forever.

Last edited by crazy72; Jul 3rd 2010 at 8:08 pm.
Old Jul 3rd 2010, 8:11 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by crazy72
Only the valid one.

What is your reason for applying to Quebec? Do you speak French? Without fluent (or close to fluent) French you have no chance with Quebec as skilled worker. What about your occupation and training - on the Quebec priority list? Do you have enough points? Arranged employment in Quebec?

Not as easy as everyone thinks. Especially now when federal rules got tougher Quebec is getting flooded with skilled workers applications. Processing times before federal change went already from under 12 months to well over a year. Now they will go through the roof.

Applicants from French speaking countries have it easier and get priority treatment in skilled workers category in Quebec. The rest gets refused at a huge rate or waits forever.
Thanks a lot dear, well my wife is speaking french fluently, we calculated our points too, please pray for me.
one more question, do i have to write anything on the back of the pictures?
Old Jul 3rd 2010, 8:56 pm
Forum Regular

Lindita will become famous soon enough

Thanks a lot dear, well my wife is speaking french fluently, we calculated our points too, please pray for me.
one more question, do i have to write anything on the back of the pictures?
Hi, I am a CSQ holder, and just to add, that spouse of principal applicant must have some level of french as well.

And, that will be assessed when you have your interview...

Believe me, as they mentioned is not as easy as many thinks...

What BIQ are you applying to?
Old Jul 3rd 2010, 9:01 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Lindita
Hi, I am a CSQ holder, and just to add, that spouse of principal applicant must have some level of french as well.

And, that will be assessed when you have your interview...

Believe me, as they mentioned is not as easy as many thinks...

What BIQ are you applying to?
sure you are right, I'm taking a lessons and practicing French with my wife and kids at home too.
I will apply to Damascus office, cause I'm an Egyptian.
Old Jul 3rd 2010, 9:05 pm
Forum Regular

Lindita will become famous soon enough

Well, just wanted to wish you all the best!

Old Jul 3rd 2010, 9:10 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Lindita
Well, just wanted to wish you all the best!

thanks for your kindness
Old Jul 3rd 2010, 9:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

crazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nice

sure you are right, I'm taking a lessons and practicing French with my wife and kids at home too.
I will apply to Damascus office, cause I'm an Egyptian.
BIQ Damascus is not scheduling currently any interviews for applicants from Bahrain, Egypt, Gaza, Kuwait City, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Sudan, United Arab Emirates, Yemen, Libya, Mauritania, Morocco, Western Sahara, while interviews for applicants from Algeria for example are at present being scheduled for cases submitted in September 2007 (yes, 3 years ago). I wouldn't be too optimistic about your chances for any decent timeline. Unfortunately Quebec is very picky who they want to grant the interview and when. Good luck anyway. Looking for job in Quebec would be a good idea.

Last edited by crazy72; Jul 3rd 2010 at 9:27 pm.