Self Employed Visa Timings

Old Dec 25th 2016, 1:39 am
Just Joined

Michec is an unknown quantity at this point
Post Self Employed Visa Timings

Hi all - I'm in the process of pulling together my dossier for the Self-Employed visa. After a quick look on the CIC website last month I'm 100% it said 45 days... yesterday it said 86 months!!!
Has anyone had any experience of applying for this visa?
Does anyone know anyone who has been successful applying for this visa?
Any input would be much appreciated.
TIA
Old Dec 25th 2016, 1:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Self Employed Visa Timings

After seeing the time frames for applying under the self employed route most don't bother and 86 months is correct and has never been 45 days.
Old Dec 25th 2016, 1:52 am
Just Joined

Thanks for that. Yeah, it seems that this is the correct timing... however I cannot imagine that it actually does take 86 months...
Do you have any success stories to share? I'm still applying but a little deflated with the timings.
Old Dec 25th 2016, 2:12 am
BE Forum Addict

plasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Michec
Thanks for that. Yeah, it seems that this is the correct timing... however I cannot imagine that it actually does take 86 months...
Do you have any success stories to share? I'm still applying but a little deflated with the timings.
Surely the big question is 'what is your self-employment?' Are you a tradesman with tools, a phone, a van and work alone or are you going to employ 20+ people from the outset? Is your trade/profession in demand in Canada?
Old Dec 25th 2016, 2:29 am
Just Joined

Hey Plasticcanuck... I have my own business currently running in Switzerland - for 7 years - and looking to move that, with an expansion of one area within that business, to Vancouver... I qualify under all aspects / criteria, and would be looking to both move my existing (viable) business plus expand to employ Canadian citizens. I've already looked at the Start UP visa option, but feel that the self-employed visa is a clearer route.
The business is within one of the "cultural activities" listed, so is a desired business. Hope that answers your questions...
Old Dec 25th 2016, 4:33 am
BE Forum Addict

Snowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond repute

As it's Christmas I will tell you a few people I've heard of recently have taken about a year processing by this route via London but who knows what will happen next year if IRCC has other priorities.

S
Old Dec 25th 2016, 4:52 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Snowy560
As it's Christmas I will tell you a few people I've heard of recently have taken about a year processing by this route via London but who knows what will happen next year if IRCC has other priorities.

S
Thanks for that... I'm not sure I can apply via London - whilst British, I now reside in Switzerland - so have a feeling I'll go via Paris. But 6-12 months was kind of what I was expecting... thanks! and Merry Christmas
Old Dec 25th 2016, 5:06 am
BE Forum Addict

Snowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond repute

No one can say how long yours will take. You'll have to take a risk on it. The quality of your application will be a big factor.

S
Old Dec 25th 2016, 5:10 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Snowy560
No one can say how long yours will take. You'll have to take a risk on it. The quality of your application will be a big factor.

S
Hi - yes, of course. I'm assuming that they have thousands in situ and will have to go through each one, responding etc, so whilst I can put in a "perfect" dossier, it could still take a while to get to.
Such a shame as it's the most relevant visa route for me, however I've checked again now and I think perhaps I could apply via the express entry system, then move my company over. Thanks again for your replies.
Old Dec 26th 2016, 7:11 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Hi - yes, of course. I'm assuming that they have thousands in situ and will have to go through each one, responding etc, so whilst I can put in a "perfect" dossier, it could still take a while to get to.
Such a shame as it's the most relevant visa route for me, however I've checked again now and I think perhaps I could apply via the express entry system, then move my company over. Thanks again for your replies.
What is your score on the CRS for EE? Unless it's enough to be sure you'll get an invite to apply for PR straight away, you might want to apply under the Self Employed route as well as a 'back up'.

Originally Posted by plasticcanuck
Surely the big question is 'what is your self-employment?' Are you a tradesman with tools, a phone, a van and work alone or are you going to employ 20+ people from the outset? Is your trade/profession in demand in Canada?
A tradesman wouldn't qualify for the Self Employed route anyway, only certain occupations are eligible and no trades are among them!
Old Dec 30th 2016, 5:13 am
"In cruce vincam"

rivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond repute

I only know of one person who went the self employed route and it took them almost 7 years. They went back to the UK after another 2!