Self Employed - TWP/PR?

Old Feb 20th 2008, 11:04 am
Just Joined

runningclaire is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Self Employed - TWP/PR?

Hi,

We are confused as to which immigration form to complete. We were hoping to emmigrate to Ontario to buy a farm and open a livery/horse yard.

I have seen waiting lists in the London office, minimum 18 months up to five years. Is there a quicker way?

Any advice would be appeciated

Thanks

Claire and George
Old Feb 20th 2008, 11:10 am
Banned

Surrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Self Employed - TWP/PR?

Originally Posted by runningclaire
Hi,

We are confused as to which immigration form to complete. We were hoping to emmigrate to Ontario to buy a farm and open a livery/horse yard.

I have seen waiting lists in the London office, minimum 18 months up to five years. Is there a quicker way?

Any advice would be appeciated

Thanks

Claire and George
For self-employed PR you have to have farm management experience, not just a desire to start or buy a farm. Without this a WP is I believe the only other option.

Self-employed applicants must:

* have relevant experience in cultural or athletic activities as described in the Regulations or in the management of a farm;
* show that they can and intend to create their own employment in Canada; and
* contribute significantly either to the Canadian economy as farmers or to the cultural or athletic life of Canada.
Old Feb 20th 2008, 11:16 am
Now on Vancouver Island

Judy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond repute

One of the BE forum's members, R I C H, got a work permit on the basis that he was going to create this business in the Kamloops, British Columbia area.

Sorry, I've just realized that neither Surrey Expat nor I has answered your question about timing. You'll get a work permit much more quickly than you'll get PR. You could get a work permit within six months, I would have thought. See R I C H's account in the thread entitled UK-->Kamloops: My Story.

x x x x x x x

Last edited by Judy in Calgary; Feb 20th 2008 at 11:29 am.
Old Feb 20th 2008, 12:36 pm
Pea Brain

R I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the plug Judy.

If the OP's interested, our business and property is up for sale. You could be here sooner than you thought