Self Employed/Business Class

Old Sep 9th 2014, 10:05 am
Forum Regular

moosemeadows has a reputation beyond reputemoosemeadows has a reputation beyond reputemoosemeadows has a reputation beyond reputemoosemeadows has a reputation beyond reputemoosemeadows has a reputation beyond reputemoosemeadows has a reputation beyond reputemoosemeadows has a reputation beyond reputemoosemeadows has a reputation beyond reputemoosemeadows has a reputation beyond reputemoosemeadows has a reputation beyond reputemoosemeadows has a reputation beyond repute
Default Self Employed/Business Class

Hello everyone. 2 and a half years ago I sent in my application under the self-employed/Business Class route. In the last month I received an email requesting the relevant forms/info for the next step, so I've been busy filling out the forms and collating all the info!

My question relates to IMM5406, and in particular the section where I have to detail my parents and their address. Can anyone tell me what this info is for? The reason I ask this is because I haven't yet shared with family the fact that I've applied. I don't imagine that my parents will be involved in verifying any of the info I put down but I just wanted to be absolutely sure that my parents won't be contacted by the immigration office...clearly I would rather tell my parents about the application myself rather than them receiving a letter out of the blue one day from the immigration office!

Sorry for the silly question but I just wanted to check. As I'm sure many can appreciate, I am concerned at how the news of my application will be received by family, so I have held off from telling them until I at least know whether moving to Canada is actually possible for me!
Old Sep 9th 2014, 11:52 am

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Self Employed/Business Class

Originally Posted by moosemeadows
Hello everyone. 2 and a half years ago I sent in my application under the self-employed/Business Class route. In the last month I received an email requesting the relevant forms/info for the next step, so I've been busy filling out the forms and collating all the info!

My question relates to IMM5406, and in particular the section where I have to detail my parents and their address. Can anyone tell me what this info is for? The reason I ask this is because I haven't yet shared with family the fact that I've applied. I don't imagine that my parents will be involved in verifying any of the info I put down but I just wanted to be absolutely sure that my parents won't be contacted by the immigration office...clearly I would rather tell my parents about the application myself rather than them receiving a letter out of the blue one day from the immigration office!

Sorry for the silly question but I just wanted to check. As I'm sure many can appreciate, I am concerned at how the news of my application will be received by family, so I have held off from telling them until I at least know whether moving to Canada is actually possible for me!
It is for background check purposes. CIC won't be contacting them so nothing to worry about.