Selecting Immigration lawyers

Old Oct 22nd 2013, 7:11 pm
Just Joined

KSLR is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Selecting Immigration lawyers

Hi Friends,
Although I tried to search and read about the Newcomers, I couldn't find (or might have overseen) about people outside UK can actually post their questions on Canada Immigration. I guess I am sure anyone from any part of the world can post queries here!
I am a Software Engineer with more than 8 years of experience in India and planning to move to Canada with family either on Work Permit(WP) or a PR. I am basically looking for the best option to leave my current job here and settle down in Canada.
As for now, I understand that obtaining a WP is only possible when there is a job offer from any Canada employer. As I do not have any such offers in hand (actually haven't started a job search), I am also looking at applying for a PR. In that process, I came across some lawyers or their teams who actually help process PRs.

To name a few:
1. Andrew Miller team (I have taken out Miller from my list after reading about him in the forums here)
2. Colin Singer team (from http://www.immigration.ca)
3. David Cohen team (from http://www.canadavisa.com)

Can someone please let me know if you have availed the services of 2 or 3 above? If yes, can we actually rely on them? Any other options are welcome.

Thanks a ton in advance!
Srikanth
Old Oct 22nd 2013, 9:58 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Selecting Immigration lawyers

Originally Posted by KSLR
As for now, I understand that obtaining a WP is only possible when there is a job offer from any Canada employer. As I do not have any such offers in hand (actually haven't started a job search), I am also looking at applying for a PR. In that process, I came across some lawyers or their teams who actually help process PRs.
Why do you think you need to use a consultant, do you have complicated circumstances? Most on the forum do it themselves.

How do you plan to apply for PR without a job offer?
Old Oct 22nd 2013, 10:10 pm
Just Joined

KSLR is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Christmasoompa,
First comes first! Sorry for a duplicate thread, as I couldn't see my earlier post.
As of now, I do not see any issues with my application. Actually, I just started searching for the information on Canada PR and what are the requirements to apply for a PR. Is there a thread for the same or any WiKi documents for other than UK people?
My plan is to land in Canada and then search for a job. Please let me know if that is not possible at all?

Thanks,
Srikanth
Old Oct 22nd 2013, 10:18 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

All if the Wiki articles will apply to you as well, the visa routes are the same no matter where you are in the world.

So have a look at those and then you can figure out which visa route you think you may be eligible for. If your only option is a job offer and work permit, then that's an easy 2 page form you can do yourself so no need for a consultant. You may decide to hire one to help you with a PR app once you get to Canada, but the best thing to do is figure out how you may apply for PR and then look at the application pack. You can then decide if you would need help with the forms or not.

HTH, good luck.
Old Oct 28th 2013, 7:46 am
Just Joined

anand_canada is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Team,
I am also new and started to search for various option to Immigrate to Canada . I am also looking for a reliable consultant ,the reason to go for consultant is to help us or advice us with the correct set of document needed and correct category of visa in which we can apply in .

Can anyone advice some reliable link of such consultants

Thanks
Anand
Old Oct 28th 2013, 8:08 am
The ride never ends

orly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by KSLR
Hi Friends,
Although I tried to search and read about the Newcomers, I couldn't find (or might have overseen) about people outside UK can actually post their questions on Canada Immigration. I guess I am sure anyone from any part of the world can post queries here!
I am a Software Engineer with more than 8 years of experience in India and planning to move to Canada with family either on Work Permit(WP) or a PR. I am basically looking for the best option to leave my current job here and settle down in Canada.

To name a few:
1. Andrew Miller team (I have taken out Miller from my list after reading about him in the forums here)
2. Colin Singer team (from http://www.immigration.ca)
3. David Cohen team (from http://www.canadavisa.com)

Can someone please let me know if you have availed the services of 2 or 3 above? If yes, can we actually rely on them? Any other options are welcome.

Thanks a ton in advance!
Srikanth
I've used Colin Singer. So has a relative in Canada. And my parents too.

We all had a pretty good experience.
Old Oct 28th 2013, 8:52 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by anand_canada
I am also looking for a reliable consultant ,the reason to go for consultant is to help us or advice us with the correct set of document needed and correct category of visa in which we can apply in .
Any decent consultant will do a free visa assessment to tell you what category you may be eligible to apply for, so I'd suggest you try a few and then see which you like best - you can search the forum for recommendations.

Alternatively, you can just give us more info and we'll also advise, and then tell you what documents you need, all for free!