Wikiposts

security clearence question

Old Aug 24th 2004, 10:28 pm
Ay-Im from Blackburn me

royyboy will become famous soon enough
Default Re: security clearence question

ehehehe, nice to see its going smoothly mate
ok, in your imm pack, theres a police form, fill it in, send a 10 quid check to new scotland yard, broadway.
I have a copy of mine in my hands right now,,
you need a certificate from them that carries a blue band top and bottom of it. the form itself tells you what youve asked for and it is this...
"SECTION 7, DATA PROTECTION ACT, 1998-SUBJECT ACCESS"
It basically shows you all convictions against you, and in bold shows them..if your squeeky clean, it says this...
"From the personal details supplied in your request there is no information held about you in the Personal Record catagory of the Police National Computer."
So, ya need the pdf form from the immigration paperwork for your police check. Ask for a section 7 dpa certificate, mail that and your 10 quid check to:-
National Identification Service
Subject Access Office
Room 350
New Scotland Yard
Broadway
London
SW1H 0BG

tel 020 7230 2958

sorteeeed
btw, yhm
Old Aug 24th 2004, 11:10 pm
Forum Regular

mark-r is an unknown quantity at this point

hello mate, thanks for the help.

i'm still confused about the police form, as you say I NEED to use the form thats provided in the pack. but - the police form in the app is related to as an "attached sample letter" (it says see attached SAMPLE letter) so they say it's a sample, it doesn't seem like this sample is required, it's just there as an aid to get you started.

They might staple my certificate to the sample letter if I send it, but all you need to send with your application is an official certificate with your info on it they'd be totally stupid to send your certificate back because it's not with the sample letter they provide.

I don't usually go on and on about things like this, I just need to be sure that i'm doing the right thing in sending a police certificate off without their sample letter, which you've said will get my application rejected / make them come back to me, which doesn't add up.

The MET police have stressed that I go to a police station to sort this as I need to show ID when requesting this certificate, which again if I go by the instructions in the pack, I won't get. They say they handle thousands of these a week and all you need to send is the certificate, not the application forms for the certificate, especially not a sample letter.

What do you think?

gulp

Last edited by mark-r; Aug 24th 2004 at 11:12 pm.
Old Aug 24th 2004, 11:20 pm
Ay-Im from Blackburn me

royyboy will become famous soon enough

ok, confoooooooosed.com
in your imi pack, theres a form, that one you mailed me for confirmation. fill that in, witha short typed up letter asking for a section 7 dpa certificate. send that with a check for a tenner along with your birth certificate to the address above.
No need to goto plodland, they cant help you...if yer still super-confooosed, theres a number in my other post, call them directly...
heres what i did...:-
called the scotty-yard peepz, very helpful, told me i needed section 7 dpa certificate. filled out form in app pack, typed up a letter asking for section 7. made out a check for a tenner to said peepz.
sent all of the above and my birth cert to above address.

32 days later, i got a pretty cert back from them, and my birth cert.
placed thier cert in my app pack, ticked the police check off the checksheet, also found in the app pack.

easy enuff for yas
yer right tho, it s well confusing....it was one of the most confusing things about our app..
Old Aug 24th 2004, 11:43 pm
Forum Regular

mark-r is an unknown quantity at this point

sounds fine mate, thanks
Old Aug 25th 2004, 1:44 am
Once bemused

Rhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really nice

Originally Posted by mark-r
thanks, why the visa pack gives you a form like that is beyond me, they should make it more simple and just give addresses and telephone numbers of contacts so they can provide the correct info, otherwise loads of people will send the form off and get it denied, weeks even months later they'll make the call they should have made in the beginning! *gasp*
The forms certainly take a lot of reading, but as Jim Humphries said, you are doing the right thing. You should be asking for any information the police hold about you, and you are entitled to it under the terms of the Data Protection Act. I got mine in about three weeks, incidentally.