security clearence question

Old Aug 23rd 2004, 4:26 am
Forum Regular

mark-r is an unknown quantity at this point
Default security clearence question

Hi there, i'm going to be applying for a spouse visa, my wife is a canadian citizen but has lived with me for the past year or so. I know I need security clearence, I will be sending off for this tomorrow.

But does my wife need it as she's spent more than six months in england? i'm not clear on this.

Also, does anyone know who we're to make the cheque out to! as the form doesn't mention anything about cost, is this like this on purpose, to make things more of a challenge (pain in the..) or is it just a mistake??

Thanks.
Old Aug 23rd 2004, 5:03 am

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: security clearence question

As a Canadian citizen your wife does not eed to provide the UK PCC. There is a guide that makes clear who provides what. CHeck out the CIC website at www.cic.gc.ca

Originally Posted by mark-r
Hi there, i'm going to be applying for a spouse visa, my wife is a canadian citizen but has lived with me for the past year or so. I know I need security clearence, I will be sending off for this tomorrow.

But does my wife need it as she's spent more than six months in england? i'm not clear on this.

Also, does anyone know who we're to make the cheque out to! as the form doesn't mention anything about cost, is this like this on purpose, to make things more of a challenge (pain in the..) or is it just a mistake??

Thanks.
Old Aug 23rd 2004, 5:35 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Jim Humphries
As a Canadian citizen your wife does not eed to provide the UK PCC. There is a guide that makes clear who provides what. CHeck out the CIC website at www.cic.gc.ca
thanks jim, I read the guide, call me stoopid, but I found it to be a little confusing. thanks again for your help.
Old Aug 23rd 2004, 8:37 am

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

Only software manuals approach immigration guides in opacity of langauge and proliferation of unanswered questions.

thanks jim, I read the guide, call me stoopid, but I found it to be a little confusing. thanks again for your help.
Old Aug 24th 2004, 12:50 am
Forum Regular

Only software manuals approach immigration guides in opacity of langauge and proliferation of unanswered questions.
software manuals approach immigration guides in opacity of language and proliferation?

are you having a gizzle my nizzle? i've no idea what you're saying those are some mighty words!!
Old Aug 24th 2004, 12:58 am
Forum Regular

software manuals approach immigration guides in opacity of language and proliferation?

are you having a gizzle my nizzle? i've no idea what you're saying those are some mighty words!!
now i'm really confused

on the application there's a form to fill out to request clearance, the form states "request for police cerficates / clearances and authorisation for release of information. that's fine, but when you find your country on the list (on the next page) under uk it says in big bold letters, do not request a police certificate. Whoever wrote this form should surely state, do not request a police certificate, request a "name of form here" certificate.

I need to know the name of the form i'm requesting precisely, as i'll make a note of this on top of the form i'm sending so that when the person reads it, they know what to send.

Do I need to get my finger prints done and send these?

You're requesting security clearance, but don't they ask for ID?

Who shall I make the £10 cheque payable to?

Do I need to mail this to the Metropolital police in London, only some helpful friends of mine said to send to Scotland yard yet the forms state London.

Thanks, if someones kind enough to clear all this up it'd be great then I can get this sent off.
Old Aug 24th 2004, 1:48 am

The problem is that when you ask for a police certificate you aretold that there is no such thing in the UK. So instead they suggest you go to your regional police HQ and ask for what it is actually called. Anyway, goto thepolice HQ andexplain your problem. They know what it is.

now i'm really confused

on the application there's a form to fill out to request clearance, the form states "request for police cerficates / clearances and authorisation for release of information. that's fine, but when you find your country on the list (on the next page) under uk it says in big bold letters, do not request a police certificate. Whoever wrote this form should surely state, do not request a police certificate, request a "name of form here" certificate.

I need to know the name of the form i'm requesting precisely, as i'll make a note of this on top of the form i'm sending so that when the person reads it, they know what to send.

Do I need to get my finger prints done and send these?

You're requesting security clearance, but don't they ask for ID?

Who shall I make the £10 cheque payable to?

Do I need to mail this to the Metropolital police in London, only some helpful friends of mine said to send to Scotland yard yet the forms state London.

Thanks, if someones kind enough to clear all this up it'd be great then I can get this sent off.
Old Aug 24th 2004, 2:04 am
Forum Regular

The problem is that when you ask for a police certificate you aretold that there is no such thing in the UK. So instead they suggest you go to your regional police HQ and ask for what it is actually called. Anyway, goto thepolice HQ andexplain your problem. They know what it is.
I called the met police, they gave me a form to fill out and take to my local police station, along with proof of address and other id - once I have taken this to police station and paid £10 they will send this on to scotland yard who will send me the document I need within 40 days.

Does this sound like the right thing to do? only i'm worried as someone mentioned to me that I have to use the form given within the visa guide paperwork or my clearance will be denied. is this bull? i'd imagine that all the visa people want to see is a clear slate on an official document which I will be sending with my application. Is this way of going about it ok?

??
Old Aug 24th 2004, 2:51 am

You did it the right way..

I called the met police, they gave me a form to fill out and take to my local police station, along with proof of address and other id - once I have taken this to police station and paid £10 they will send this on to scotland yard who will send me the document I need within 40 days.

Does this sound like the right thing to do? only i'm worried as someone mentioned to me that I have to use the form given within the visa guide paperwork or my clearance will be denied. is this bull? i'd imagine that all the visa people want to see is a clear slate on an official document which I will be sending with my application. Is this way of going about it ok?

??
Old Aug 24th 2004, 4:21 am
Forum Regular

You did it the right way..
thanks, why the visa pack gives you a form like that is beyond me, they should make it more simple and just give addresses and telephone numbers of contacts so they can provide the correct info, otherwise loads of people will send the form off and get it denied, weeks even months later they'll make the call they should have made in the beginning! *gasp*
Old Aug 24th 2004, 4:33 am
BE Forum Addict

stepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond repute

??
That's exactly what I did Mark and in actual fact I got the police document back within 14 days even though they warn that it could be 40.
Old Aug 24th 2004, 5:21 am

The police certificate information must cover all situations such as persons who have worked in other countries. Many of those countries will not issue a police certificate unless there is some official request. Hong Kong is one example with the British connection.

thanks, why the visa pack gives you a form like that is beyond me, they should make it more simple and just give addresses and telephone numbers of contacts so they can provide the correct info, otherwise loads of people will send the form off and get it denied, weeks even months later they'll make the call they should have made in the beginning! *gasp*
Old Aug 24th 2004, 5:24 am
Forum Regular

The police certificate information must cover all situations such as persons who have worked in other countries. Many of those countries will not issue a police certificate unless there is some official request. Hong Kong is one example with the British connection.
that's fair enough, but covering all isn't always best, if they had phone numbers and numbers only, you'd call, get precise info, and get the job done!! unless you happen to stumble upon a handy forum
Old Aug 24th 2004, 6:21 am

I see that you are inconsolable.

that's fair enough, but covering all isn't always best, if they had phone numbers and numbers only, you'd call, get precise info, and get the job done!! unless you happen to stumble upon a handy forum
Old Aug 24th 2004, 6:57 am
Forum Regular

I see that you are inconsolable.
you mean peeved off past the point of return?

yes, I am but at the same time i'm realistic and practical, this is an important life changing process for a lot of people after all! I have spent a while messing about over what should be a fairly simple and straight forward process.

you're using those big words again?

a friend of mine is still saying that if I do it the way i've said I will above, it'll get refused! i'll see if he's up for posting here, see what you guys have to say.

Last edited by mark-r; Aug 24th 2004 at 7:04 am.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.