Wikiposts

Section 38(1)(c)

Old Aug 11th 2009, 12:20 am
Forum Regular

electrons is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Section 38(1)(c)

During February 2009, the Canadian High Commission has told an applicant that they might refuse the entry to Canada based on section 38(1)(c) ..and asked for more details and reports. The applicant was in Canada for 3 + years.

After the submission of the reports, during April 2009,they asked the applicant to wait until they contact and also any other additional information would be assessed by the visa officer.

What would be their decision ?
Old Aug 11th 2009, 12:22 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Section 38(1)(c)

Originally Posted by electrons
What would be their decision ?
Hang on, let me just grab my crystal ball.......................
Old Aug 11th 2009, 12:41 am
Forum Regular

No chances ???

I am the spouse of the applicant. Is CHC expecting me to leave Canada and reject the case ???
Old Aug 11th 2009, 5:21 am
BE Enthusiast

kleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to behold

You are not giving us enough information to tell you what could happen.

CIC often ask for additional docs if they have doubts about the application. This is their way of giving you the chance to correct any doubts they may have. If you can't convince the officer that you are eligible/admissible then you will get a refusal. Since you didn't provide any further information it is really hard to say anything else.
Old Aug 11th 2009, 7:01 am

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Looking at previous posts by the OP, it seems there maybe more to the situation than being posted. Without knowing what's going on it is hard for anyone to give a reasonable response.
Old Aug 15th 2009, 1:27 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by electrons
No chances ???

I am the spouse of the applicant. Is CHC expecting me to leave Canada and reject the case ???
Have you consulted with a lawyer?

http://www.canlii.org/en/ca/laws/sta...2001-c-27.html

It appears that section 38(1) relates to health issues.
Old Aug 16th 2009, 6:12 am

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

If your OH is found to be as described in that section then you will be expected to leave Canada too as would any children not born in Canada, provided you are not a Canadian citizen.
Old Aug 16th 2009, 6:15 am
Forum Regular

Thanks Jim,

If i get a study permit,then cud i stay in Canada and visit my spouse at home ?

electrons.
Old Aug 16th 2009, 7:07 am

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

You would have to get a study permit outside of Canada. If you were successful then you could study in Canada and visit your OH overseas.
Old Aug 16th 2009, 7:10 am
Forum Regular

Thanks Jim,

So , no chances of living in Canada ... !!!

I'll start packing slowly ....

Last edited by electrons; Aug 16th 2009 at 7:15 am.
Old Aug 16th 2009, 8:41 am

The decision is still to be made so there is no rush.
Old Aug 16th 2009, 6:22 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks Jim,

I have found out two new employers who were interested in hiring me as a temporary foreign worker and am planning to get a study permit.

My chances of staying in Canada thru' the TWP/Study permit would get affected based on my spouse's condition and the CHC's decision.

I explained my situation to some people and they told me that my status was 'red flagged' in the immigration database and the CHC was waiting for me to leave Canada. Is this true ?

Please, let me know this.

electrons.
Old Aug 17th 2009, 3:03 am
BE Enthusiast

kleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to behold

what "people" did you talk to ?
Old Aug 17th 2009, 3:04 am
Forum Regular

CSIC immigration consultants