Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Second IEC visa declined - PR Question

Second IEC visa declined - PR Question

Old Feb 7th 2014, 12:37 am
Forum Regular

JoeJK is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Second IEC visa declined - PR Question

Hi all

So I'm in Canada now and just applied for my second year, however woke up to a message from IEC saying that my application was rejected due to info on my passport not matching what was on the form. I looked at the form and it seems correct to me, so I sent a message asking them to clarify but I am not getting my hopes up that it'll work out.

After being here since September, I have completely fallen in love with the country and I REALLY want to somehow get PR here so I can make it my home. When I looked into it a while back it seemed like the best route for me would be to have a solid 12 months of full time work in BC and apply for PNP? Now assuming I can't resolve the issue with this next visa, it'll mean that when I come back again next time (which I certainly will) it will be two separate years instead of two back to back which means I won't be able to get the 12 months work in a row.

Is it still possible to somehow get PR when I've had that break where I won't have been in Canada?
Old Feb 7th 2014, 6:30 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Second IEC visa declined - PR Question

What do you do, is BC PNP not an option? Or a LMO/TWP then FSW app? You wouldn't need a year's working in Canada for either of those.

Have a look at the CIC website and Wiki to figure out what you're eligible for, without knowing a lot more about you there's no way for us to know I'm afraid.

Good luck.