Schooling for Children

Old Nov 20th 2009, 3:14 am
BE Enthusiast

the_tones_guy has a reputation beyond reputethe_tones_guy has a reputation beyond reputethe_tones_guy has a reputation beyond reputethe_tones_guy has a reputation beyond reputethe_tones_guy has a reputation beyond reputethe_tones_guy has a reputation beyond reputethe_tones_guy has a reputation beyond reputethe_tones_guy has a reputation beyond reputethe_tones_guy has a reputation beyond reputethe_tones_guy has a reputation beyond reputethe_tones_guy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Schooling for Children

I don't think I had to give any paperwork at all to get my 2 children into school here in Newfoundland, my daughter has gone on since to middle school and at no point have 'they' asked to see any documentation at all either.

I have paperwork, it's fine, we were TWP and are now PR, but still, nothing was requested and nothing was given!

Maybe it's the Newfoundland way?

BTW, the schools here are excellent IMHO, much better, cleaner and safer than what we had in the UK. (that's just my experience though).
Old Nov 20th 2009, 10:30 am
Just Joined

stephy is an unknown quantity at this point

Do we just go to any schools near where we are planning to stay in Canada? My boy is 7 by the time we'll be in BC on Aug 29,2010 dont know how we gonna approach a scholl for him cause we will be there only on a visitting visa so I can hunt for jobs. I can't leave my family in the UK while Im there. as I have mentioned here before. my parents (naturalized Can citizens) are in BC where we will be staying. Many members here said make sure my son has his immunisation records, health insurance if we are going to enroll him. Hope will be fine for my son.
Originally Posted by the_tones_guy
I don't think I had to give any paperwork at all to get my 2 children into school here in Newfoundland, my daughter has gone on since to middle school and at no point have 'they' asked to see any documentation at all either.

I have paperwork, it's fine, we were TWP and are now PR, but still, nothing was requested and nothing was given!

Maybe it's the Newfoundland way?

BTW, the schools here are excellent IMHO, much better, cleaner and safer than what we had in the UK. (that's just my experience though).
Old Nov 20th 2009, 10:34 am
Just Joined

stephy is an unknown quantity at this point

the link you gave was very helpful for information, I just wish it will be that easy to get my son to school. he will be 7yrs old by the time we get to Canada by Aug 2010.
Originally Posted by bewillow
Old Nov 20th 2009, 10:50 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by stephy
the link you gave was very helpful for information, I just wish it will be that easy to get my son to school. he will be 7yrs old by the time we get to Canada by Aug 2010.
The OP should note that Vancouver School Board insists on seeing proof of status in Canada. That schooling is free, if the parents are holders of work permits, otherwise it is $12K per year.
Old Nov 20th 2009, 12:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

bewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud of

I should also add that we found it super easy to register our daughter in her school. Everyone was super helpful. No need to fight for a place. "Don't worry - we will hire additional teachers if we need to".

A world away from the trying experience of getting the same child into a seconday school in London.