Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

School Fees for Kids (12 & 4) - Ontario.

Wikiposts

School Fees for Kids (12 & 4) - Ontario.

Old Sep 24th 2009, 3:16 am
Just Joined

Lisa1910 has a reputation beyond reputeLisa1910 has a reputation beyond reputeLisa1910 has a reputation beyond reputeLisa1910 has a reputation beyond reputeLisa1910 has a reputation beyond reputeLisa1910 has a reputation beyond reputeLisa1910 has a reputation beyond reputeLisa1910 has a reputation beyond reputeLisa1910 has a reputation beyond reputeLisa1910 has a reputation beyond reputeLisa1910 has a reputation beyond repute
Default School Fees for Kids (12 & 4) - Ontario.

Hi all,

I've searched through the forums and read the Wiki, but I'm finding conflicting statements....

If we are in possession of a TWP & SOWP, do we have to pay for schooling for our kids? I understand we may (or may not, depending on the article) need a study permit, and I'll probably get those in due course anyway just to be on the safe side, but I keep seeing references to some places charging CAN$10,000 tuition (see Wiki articles!!). Does this apply to certain areas (and if so, ON?!), or does it apply to specific schools.

Grateful for advice please!!?

Lisa.
Old Sep 24th 2009, 3:23 am
BE Enthusiast

englishrose1 is a glorious beacon of lightenglishrose1 is a glorious beacon of lightenglishrose1 is a glorious beacon of lightenglishrose1 is a glorious beacon of lightenglishrose1 is a glorious beacon of lightenglishrose1 is a glorious beacon of lightenglishrose1 is a glorious beacon of lightenglishrose1 is a glorious beacon of lightenglishrose1 is a glorious beacon of lightenglishrose1 is a glorious beacon of lightenglishrose1 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: School Fees for Kids (12 & 4) - Ontario.

As far as I know the public schools are free in ontario, you have to pay if you want to send your children to private school.
Old Sep 24th 2009, 3:27 am
Banned

Auld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: School Fees for Kids (12 & 4) - Ontario.

Originally Posted by Lisa1910
Hi all,

I've searched through the forums and read the Wiki, but I'm finding conflicting statements....

If we are in possession of a TWP & SOWP, do we have to pay for schooling for our kids? I understand we may (or may not, depending on the article) need a study permit, and I'll probably get those in due course anyway just to be on the safe side, but I keep seeing references to some places charging CAN$10,000 tuition (see Wiki articles!!). Does this apply to certain areas (and if so, ON?!), or does it apply to specific schools.

Grateful for advice please!!?

Lisa.
If you are in Canada (Ontario) on a TWP or SOWP I am reasonably certain there are no school fees for public schooling. The only costs to parents are those "Mickey Mouse" costs that crop up during the school year for school trips, hot dog days and so on. Probably a few hundred a year per child.