Schedule A - Locked for editing

Old Mar 12th 2013, 8:37 am
Forum Regular

gb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to all
Default Schedule A - Locked for editing

Hi All,

I'm currently trying to fill in my Schedule A form for my immigration lawyer (don't ask) who insists I return it to them for their review in an editable PDF format.

The problem is, every time I save the file it locks for editing (i.e. when I re-open it you cannot edit the file).

Has anyone else experienced this issue with the Schedule A form?

I've downloaded the most recent version of adobe and tried it on two different PCs. The same thing happens in all scenarios.
Old Mar 12th 2013, 8:55 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Schedule A - Locked for editing

Download the free program Nitro and open and edit it in that. I just tested it with my version of Nitro and it saves the file and re-opens it for editing without any problems.

You will probably find it easiest to open a new copy of the file (rather than trying to open previously worked on ones) initially, but once you open them in Nitro they are fully editable and save-able and re-editable.

Last edited by Siouxie; Mar 12th 2013 at 8:58 am.
Old Mar 12th 2013, 9:03 am
BE Forum Addict

Geordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond repute

Great advice Siouxie - Wish I'd know that.... the amount of times I couldn't edit drove me insane. CIC forms are a mare!
Old Mar 12th 2013, 9:11 am
Forum Regular

gb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Geordie Lass
Great advice Siouxie - Wish I'd know that.... the amount of times I couldn't edit drove me insane. CIC forms are a mare!
Clearly they were created by some angry homosexual Mountie who failed to get his man.
Old Mar 12th 2013, 10:23 am
BE Forum Addict

Geordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gb_griffiths
Clearly they were created by some angry homosexual Mountie who failed to get his man.
Harsh but fair
Old Mar 13th 2013, 2:35 am
Pondering a career change

Mikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond repute

if you have an Ipad and would assume it goes for android tablets, there a re a few apps that you can use to unlock and edit pdfs.

I have a couple on my Iphone and Ipad Ianotate and PDF expert.