Wikiposts

Scariest Story Ever!!!

Old Apr 29th 2005, 10:00 am
Just Joined

wujood is on a distinguished road
Default Scariest Story Ever!!!

This just came into my knowledge. A friend of mine applied at Buffalo in Oct2001. At that time point system was different than today. Any ways, he got IA with interview waiver in Nov2002. He took Meds and sent PCC + requested/updated docs in Dec2002. Then there was this long silence from Buffalo.....He did not hear back anything from CIC for two years... Of course all his letters and faxes were ignored as always, whenever he tried to inquire about the status of his case. In Dec2004 when he lost all his hopes of ever hearing back from Buffalo, he faxed a letter to Minister of Immigration in Ottawa, explaining his predicament and how he has lost every hope and that his H1 is about to expire as well etc... He also faxed a copy of that letter to Buffalo. Guess what...!!!!!!!!!!!!!! One week after his fax he receives PPR in his mail box! Imagine this... This is not hoax or rumor, this is 100% true story that I only came to know about recently. Strange thing is that his meds and PCC had expired for almost a year. I wonder what would have happened had he not faxed those letters. Today, he is a landed immigrant but of course can never forget the stressful years of psychological pain he had to go through.

I guess there is a reason why the timeline at CIC website says it could take upto 30 months of processing at Buffalo and those of us who are getting done in less than 1.5 years should be every bit thankful.
Old Apr 29th 2005, 10:15 am
Every day is a new day...

amancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Scariest Story Ever!!!

Originally Posted by wujood
This just came into my knowledge. A friend of mine applied at Buffalo in Oct2001. At that time point system was different than today. Any ways, he got IA with interview waiver in Nov2002. He took Meds and sent PCC + requested/updated docs in Dec2002. Then there was this long silence from Buffalo.....He did not hear back anything from CIC for two years... Of course all his letters and faxes were ignored as always, whenever he tried to inquire about the status of his case. In Dec2004 when he lost all his hopes of ever hearing back from Buffalo, he faxed a letter to Minister of Immigration in Ottawa, explaining his predicament and how he has lost every hope and that his H1 is about to expire as well etc... He also faxed a copy of that letter to Buffalo. Guess what...!!!!!!!!!!!!!! One week after his fax he receives PPR in his mail box! Imagine this... This is not hoax or rumor, this is 100% true story that I only came to know about recently. Strange thing is that his meds and PCC had expired for almost a year. I wonder what would have happened had he not faxed those letters. Today, he is a landed immigrant but of course can never forget the stressful years of psychological pain he had to go through.

I guess there is a reason why the timeline at CIC website says it could take upto 30 months of processing at Buffalo and those of us who are getting done in less than 1.5 years should be every bit thankful.
WHATEVER ENDS, ENDS WELL....
I guess he must be the happiest man after.. Atleast he didnt get refused!! :scared:
scary stories like this are a wake up call for certain people, who are in the queue....
try this and u might end up being as lucky as this aforesaid buddy of ours..
Old Apr 29th 2005, 10:53 am
Forum Regular

juliusmaximus is a jewel in the roughjuliusmaximus is a jewel in the roughjuliusmaximus is a jewel in the roughjuliusmaximus is a jewel in the rough

Let me tell you a secret here, and don't let it be known by everybody , but taking some initiative DOES set things in motion.
Old Apr 29th 2005, 11:39 am
Forum Regular

kki6 is on a distinguished road

He also faxed a copy of that letter to Buffalo. Guess what...!!!!!!!!!!!!!! One week after his fax he receives PPR in his mail box! Imagine this... This is not hoax or rumor, .

I guess there is a reason why the timeline at CIC website says it could take upto 30 months of processing at Buffalo and those of us who are getting done in less than 1.5 years should be every bit thankful.[/QUOTE]

There goes the theory of the patience dog has the fattest bone again!! Guess it was great he kept up the faith and got in touch. Shame it took so long but all is well that ends well.
Old Apr 29th 2005, 1:45 pm
Just Joined

wujood is on a distinguished road

I guess the important thing is to find something that can keep you busy for a while and take your attention away from immigration process. If you are waiting to do anything until you get immigration, then you can make it extremely difficult for yourself. Given the human nature though, the patience can sometimes be over-bearing and not everybody has that unique "fattest bone"...

So, find something that you enjoy doing but remember to remind Buffalo from time to time not to forget you in the sea of applications.

Good Luck to everybody.