Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Programme

Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Programme

Old Feb 15th 2013, 11:28 pm
Forum Regular

AJRowan has a brilliant futureAJRowan has a brilliant futureAJRowan has a brilliant futureAJRowan has a brilliant futureAJRowan has a brilliant futureAJRowan has a brilliant futureAJRowan has a brilliant future
Smile Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Programme

Hi, does anyone have any experience of this particular programme? We are going through this at the moment and wondered if we were just impatient or if the process really is this time consuming. We applied and had a file number issued by the province six months ago but no sign of nomination, is this normal?
Any thoughts?
Old Feb 16th 2013, 6:51 am
JGK
BE Enthusiast

JGK has a reputation beyond reputeJGK has a reputation beyond reputeJGK has a reputation beyond reputeJGK has a reputation beyond reputeJGK has a reputation beyond reputeJGK has a reputation beyond reputeJGK has a reputation beyond reputeJGK has a reputation beyond reputeJGK has a reputation beyond reputeJGK has a reputation beyond reputeJGK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Programme

I did but it was a while ago (2010). Also, I was working In SK and the recommendation to apply was documented on my LMO. The process from application to approval took under a month.

Saskatchewan is booming and they are desperately short of workers especially in the skilled trades. The provincial Govt. has been actively supporting recruitment especially from Ireland. Consequently, the pressure on the SINP is high and processing times are stretching.
Old Feb 16th 2013, 12:15 pm
Forum Regular

biddyk8 has much to be proud ofbiddyk8 has much to be proud ofbiddyk8 has much to be proud ofbiddyk8 has much to be proud ofbiddyk8 has much to be proud ofbiddyk8 has much to be proud ofbiddyk8 has much to be proud ofbiddyk8 has much to be proud ofbiddyk8 has much to be proud ofbiddyk8 has much to be proud ofbiddyk8 has much to be proud of

We applied in August still waiting. Some people are taking a week and some are taking a year. SINP are working specially with some companies and they are fast-tracking their applications, therefore slowing everyone else down.
Old Feb 17th 2013, 1:49 am
Forum Regular

AJRowan has a brilliant futureAJRowan has a brilliant futureAJRowan has a brilliant futureAJRowan has a brilliant futureAJRowan has a brilliant futureAJRowan has a brilliant futureAJRowan has a brilliant future

thanks for replying. I thought I was just being a bit paranoid when I saw that some applications were going through at what seemed like lightening speed and others were just plodding along. I wonder if bigger companies get approval quicker? not sure if there is any protocol or not and am a bit wary about phoning as forum suggests you lose your place in the queue so to speak.
lol
Old Feb 17th 2013, 1:34 pm
Forum Regular

biddyk8 has much to be proud ofbiddyk8 has much to be proud ofbiddyk8 has much to be proud ofbiddyk8 has much to be proud ofbiddyk8 has much to be proud ofbiddyk8 has much to be proud ofbiddyk8 has much to be proud ofbiddyk8 has much to be proud ofbiddyk8 has much to be proud ofbiddyk8 has much to be proud ofbiddyk8 has much to be proud of

We phoned ages ago like in Oct and they said to expect a decision in March or so.

I don't know how they pick companies but I know my husbands employer was approached last week by the gov of sask, and asked if he want to go to an expo in Dublin and that if he hired people there the government would fast track them through SINP. He's going and he is trying to get them to look at ours aswell.
Old Feb 17th 2013, 2:40 pm
Just Joined

kacon is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,
My application to SINP took 9 months. I had secured a positive LMO and had a permanent government position with the SK Ministry of Education when my application was made. I found the officials in the SINP office in Regina to be very helpful in regards dealing with queries. So far as I can see, there is no way to speed up the application process. Unfortunately, lots of time and patience is required, which I know is easier said than done. Best of luck!
Old Feb 17th 2013, 10:20 pm
Forum Regular

Many thanks for your insight. Husband has a secure job offer from an approved employer but it is a small company. Haven't contacted Regina yet as was unsure how or even if this "lose your place in the queue" situation existed

Sounding like we just need to be patient right enough lol... easier said than done!!!

Once again thanks for your thoughts