SAR / ACPO - police checks help

Old Jun 26th 2008, 8:12 am
is Happy

Tanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to behold
Default SAR / ACPO - police checks help

Hi all

I know there was a thread on here recently about SAR vs ACPO and all the trials and trivulations regarding these.

BUt - I sent off for my SAR at the begining of June, in plenty of time. I phoned uup this morningto check about it and was told bythe Data Protection Dept to see if canada was actualy still accepting the SAR.
Apparently The States are not - for immigration purposes, theyare only accepting the ACPO. I explained I had sent for the SAR as i knew a few people had problems with getting the ACPO accepted at first. She then said obviously this should never have happened.

So my question is does anyone know if the Embassy in London is still accepting SAR for police checks or is it JUST ACPO

My God this is bloody annoying!!
Old Jun 26th 2008, 9:15 am
Banned

bubbe2005 has a brilliant futurebubbe2005 has a brilliant futurebubbe2005 has a brilliant futurebubbe2005 has a brilliant futurebubbe2005 has a brilliant futurebubbe2005 has a brilliant futurebubbe2005 has a brilliant future
Default Re: SAR / ACPO - police checks help

Originally Posted by Tanah
Hi all

I know there was a thread on here recently about SAR vs ACPO and all the trials and trivulations regarding these.

BUt - I sent off for my SAR at the begining of June, in plenty of time. I phoned uup this morningto check about it and was told bythe Data Protection Dept to see if canada was actualy still accepting the SAR.
Apparently The States are not - for immigration purposes, theyare only accepting the ACPO. I explained I had sent for the SAR as i knew a few people had problems with getting the ACPO accepted at first. She then said obviously this should never have happened.

So my question is does anyone know if the Embassy in London is still accepting SAR for police checks or is it JUST ACPO

see here:

http://www.askthe.police.uk/content/Q542.htm
Old Jun 26th 2008, 9:19 am
Banned

bubbe2005 has a brilliant futurebubbe2005 has a brilliant futurebubbe2005 has a brilliant futurebubbe2005 has a brilliant futurebubbe2005 has a brilliant futurebubbe2005 has a brilliant futurebubbe2005 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Tanah
Hi all

http://www.askthe.police.uk/content/Q542.htm

check this link
Old Jun 26th 2008, 9:21 am
Forum Regular

lyndseyhepworth is an unknown quantity at this point

I had to send updated data from Feb 2008 and when i sent off for a SAR, they sent it back and said it had to be an ACPO check. Got that done in about 3 days and i had my medical on 30th May 08 so London must be accepting the new format. My agent hadnt heard anything different though.
Old Jun 26th 2008, 12:38 pm
plw
9 inch member

plw has much to be proud ofplw has much to be proud ofplw has much to be proud ofplw has much to be proud ofplw has much to be proud ofplw has much to be proud ofplw has much to be proud ofplw has much to be proud ofplw has much to be proud ofplw has much to be proud ofplw has much to be proud of

I believe they are exepting both.
Old Jun 26th 2008, 2:33 pm
Forum Regular

susie q has a spectacular aura aboutsusie q has a spectacular aura aboutsusie q has a spectacular aura about

hi i applied for twp in feb with sar and was accepted i seem to remember that sar is ok until end of this year.
susie q
Old Jun 26th 2008, 3:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Biiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond repute

The ACPO scheme is only a pilot, until they decide their final policy, SAR and ACPO are equally acceptable - see this email sent to BE member gmb by CHC-London (from this thread):-

Thank you for your enquiry.

The new APCO police certificate will eventually replace the one available from the Metropolitan police but at the moment the two are valid concurrently. The APCO report is more costly, but until specific information and guidelines are posted on our website, the old type from the Metropolitan Police is acceptable.

Yours sincerely,

Client Services
DLB
Visa and Immigration Section

High Commission of Canada
MacDonald House
38 Grosvenor Street, London
W1K 4AA, UK
Old Jun 26th 2008, 4:46 pm
Forum Regular

chrisbryson is just really nicechrisbryson is just really nicechrisbryson is just really nicechrisbryson is just really nicechrisbryson is just really nicechrisbryson is just really nicechrisbryson is just really nicechrisbryson is just really nicechrisbryson is just really nice

This information is directly off the CIC website:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...ed-kingdom.asp

"Until the end of this year, either the Subject Access or the Police Certificate will be accepted when you apply for a visa, but any certificate issued after December 31, 2008, must be in the new format."

Old Jun 26th 2008, 5:08 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by chrisbryson

"Until the end of this year, either the Subject Access or the Police Certificate will be accepted when you apply for a visa, but any certificate issued after December 31, 2008, must be in the new format."

ok so what if you got one before dec 31st and applied for PR a couple of months after that?
Old Jun 26th 2008, 9:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Biiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chrisbryson

Excellent Chris, karma for sharing the web update!
Old Jun 26th 2008, 10:07 pm
is Happy

Tanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to behold

thanks all for the clarification

much appreciated