Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Sandown Fair, Next weekend. Anyone going.

Sandown Fair, Next weekend. Anyone going.

Old Feb 24th 2007, 2:16 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sandown Fair, Next weekend. Anyone going.

My advice to anybody going to these Emigration events
look, listen, and learn ... Do not buy, sign or agree to anything

The sharks are always at these events, for all countries...
Old Feb 24th 2007, 5:21 pm
Just Joined

doctoxic has a brilliant futuredoctoxic has a brilliant futuredoctoxic has a brilliant futuredoctoxic has a brilliant futuredoctoxic has a brilliant futuredoctoxic has a brilliant future

i,m going hoping to get genuine info because these so called relocation agencies seem to be full of S**T and charge the earth.
Old Feb 24th 2007, 7:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

High numbers has a reputation beyond reputeHigh numbers has a reputation beyond reputeHigh numbers has a reputation beyond reputeHigh numbers has a reputation beyond reputeHigh numbers has a reputation beyond reputeHigh numbers has a reputation beyond reputeHigh numbers has a reputation beyond reputeHigh numbers has a reputation beyond reputeHigh numbers has a reputation beyond reputeHigh numbers has a reputation beyond reputeHigh numbers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DAVIE_MAC
Hi There have a look here as it could be any class of licence as long as it is long haul

http://mb.jobfutures.org/profiles/pr...n&site=graphic

http://www.gov.mb.ca/labour/immigrat...ruck%20Drivers

http://www.westrim.ca/links.html

I know BC are not taking drivers at present via the Provincial Nominee Programme (PNP) but most of the other provinces seem to be but just check their websites to be sure.

If you have Class2 then maybe try and get some agency driving in to get you back on the road again that way at least you'll be getting the experience back again or pass your class1 (Now called C+E) and agency drive. A lot of companies in Canada only require 1 years experience and if you started now then by the time you start the paperwork and your ready to go it could be about a year so you could get lucky if the company is willing to take a shot with you. I think you would also have to check the CIC requirements for work experience though if you do this as they might not allow you to apply while trying to gain the experience if you know what I mean.

Try this forum link and the ones below that for info regarding the Harvest runs companies do when the crops require harvesting in Canada & the USA.

http://trucknetuk.com/phpBB2/viewtop...hlight=harvest

Also Look up:
www.taylorharvesting.com
www.demarayharvesting.com
www.hollandharvesting.com
www.skinnerharvesting.com
www.johnsonharvesting.com

Basicly...& I obviously don't know your current situation as to family ect.....the companies employ extra workers over an 8 - 10 month period for harvesting and drivers are needed therefor if you need to gain class 1 experience have a look at doing this and what better way...your in N.America & getting paid they generally don't require loads of driving experience as a rule.

If you need any more info drop me a PM as I don't wanna take over this thread as it was originally meant for the Sandown Show....

SORRY FOLKES

I am also Mil just about to complete my 22...
Thanks Davie_Mac.
Old Feb 24th 2007, 7:43 pm
Just Joined

Henneth will become famous soon enoughHenneth will become famous soon enough

We just came back from the Edinburgh event and consider it a day well spent.

Went to 3 Seminars which didn't give us a lot of info that we hadn't already found out ourselves to be honest, but clarified a few things we weren't clear on. The CHC one was excellent though; the staff were case officers, which I understand hasn't always been the case with previous presentations. The presentation itself actually threw up a load of questions regarding the process that we'd never though of or perhaps misinterpreted. Luckily we were able to bend the ear of one of the presenters afterwards (for quite some time ) who couldn't have been more helpful in clearing things up.

They also had stands representing most of the Provincial Governments, so if you want to speak to someone face-to-face regarding the individual PNPs then you'll probably find this invaluable too.

As for the other stands: removal firms, immigration lawyers and consultants, currency exchange companies and realtors were in attendance and we had a chat with a few (none of whom attempted to give us the hard sell I'm happy to report).

Unless you *really* want to speak with the CHC staff in person, I can't imagine why you'd want to go a second time; but for people who are early in the process or haven't yet made a decision on whether to move abroad then I'd definitely recommend going.
Old Feb 24th 2007, 8:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

DAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Henneth
We just came back from the Edinburgh event and consider it a day well spent.

Went to 3 Seminars which didn't give us a lot of info that we hadn't already found out ourselves to be honest, but clarified a few things we weren't clear on. The CHC one was excellent though; the staff were case officers, which I understand hasn't always been the case with previous presentations. The presentation itself actually threw up a load of questions regarding the process that we'd never though of or perhaps misinterpreted. Luckily we were able to bend the ear of one of the presenters afterwards (for quite some time ) who couldn't have been more helpful in clearing things up.

They also had stands representing most of the Provincial Governments, so if you want to speak to someone face-to-face regarding the individual PNPs then you'll probably find this invaluable too.

As for the other stands: removal firms, immigration lawyers and consultants, currency exchange companies and realtors were in attendance and we had a chat with a few (none of whom attempted to give us the hard sell I'm happy to report).

Unless you *really* want to speak with the CHC staff in person, I can't imagine why you'd want to go a second time; but for people who are early in the process or haven't yet made a decision on whether to move abroad then I'd definitely recommend going.
Henneth.

Could you tell me please if you booked the individual seminar tickets before attending or on the day when you got there?

Reason I ask is that we booked our entrance tickets online but you couldn't book the seminar tickets.

Now I don't know if that meant they were all fully booked or not but the website did say you could book them on the day when you got there.

Many Thanks Dave
Old Feb 24th 2007, 9:18 pm
Forum Regular

OnlineCB is a name known to allOnlineCB is a name known to allOnlineCB is a name known to allOnlineCB is a name known to allOnlineCB is a name known to allOnlineCB is a name known to allOnlineCB is a name known to allOnlineCB is a name known to allOnlineCB is a name known to allOnlineCB is a name known to allOnlineCB is a name known to all

Originally Posted by DAVIE_MAC
Henneth.

Could you tell me please if you booked the individual seminar tickets before attending or on the day when you got there?

Many Thanks Dave
When we went to Sandown we booked the seminars when we got there. When we went to the Hall I was a bit worried as there was a huge queue but the hall was massive and held quite a few people. I would recommend getting to the Hall early so you can get a half decent seat, I don't know how those in the back managed to hear a thing.
Old Feb 24th 2007, 9:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

DAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by TownieGirl
When we went to Sandown we booked the seminars when we got there. When we went to the Hall I was a bit worried as there was a huge queue but the hall was massive and held quite a few people. I would recommend getting to the Hall early so you can get a half decent seat, I don't know how those in the back managed to hear a thing.
Hi TownieGirl,

Cheers for that. Will heed your advice.

Thanks Dave
Old Feb 24th 2007, 11:47 pm
Just Joined

Henneth will become famous soon enoughHenneth will become famous soon enough

Hi Dave,

We booked our seminar tickets in advance but saw a lot of people buying them on the way in to the hall. Hopefully you'll not have a problem getting hold of them on the morning of the show.