Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Is it safe to travell to Canada with work permit

Is it safe to travell to Canada with work permit

Old Jul 25th 2007, 9:27 am
Forum Regular

Josephparappally is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Is it safe to travell to Canada with work permit

Kindly tell me other than work permit what are the documents required for an Indian national to get Temporary Residence Permit (TRV) of Canada. Is it safe to travel with work permit to Canada.
In what reasons entry officer can refuse to issuing TRV even I have work permit from CHC.
Old Jul 25th 2007, 10:11 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is it safe to travell to Canada with work permit

Hi

Originally Posted by Josephparappally
Kindly tell me other than work permit what are the documents required for an Indian national to get Temporary Residence Permit (TRV) of Canada. Is it safe to travel with work permit to Canada.
In what reasons entry officer can refuse to issuing TRV even I have work permit from CHC.
You need to apply for the TRV before you appear at a port of entry.
Old Jul 25th 2007, 12:09 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Is it safe to travell to Canada with work permit

Originally Posted by Josephparappally
You are misinformed my friend. Upon approval of your work permit application you will only receive approval letter, actual work permit will be issued at Canadian port of entry.

As for TRV - it cannot be issued at the port of entry, you must apply for it in home country (at the same time as applying for work permit) and only once you have it in your passport you can jump on the plane and come to Canadian port of entry to ask for already approved work permit to be issued and for admission to Canada to be granted.

Work and Study Permits alone do not authorize entry to Canada.